One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))

Go down 
+20
SplatterFrog
RoseWhiteForever
Pascià
cole
Unholy
9thKing
Amari
Kanhoji Into
Gael
Redex 1000
Master of Chaos
Cobdogred
GoreFish
Frog Dragon
NegaMajora
Captain Clearwater
Maxulus
Shadow
Shichibukai Hunter
nikz200
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24
AuthorMessage
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Iken knew that Jiper was behind him the instant he appeared there for two reasons. First with Iken's super sense of smell he could smell him coming the second thing that gave him away was his blind speed. Jiper appeared behind Iken which was directly under the torrent of water coming in from the dome. The sea water drained Jiper of his strength and speed that he was used to. Normally Jiper's attack power and speed would have been enough to deal Iken grave damage, but with his standing under a torrent of sea water Jiper's attack was sub par. Spinning around on he heels Iken slash the 10 blades of air with his Rejection Slayer taking in what power the offered.

"Namikaze Sword Style: Ultimate Flash"

Iken disappeared from view only to appear a distance behind the Admiral lowing his sword. As he did everything from Iken's staring point to his finishing point was slashed into chunks as an explosion of energy with 10 times the power of Jiper's 10 wind blades added onto Iken's already super power slashes occurred around the area Jiper was.

"You maybe faster than me, but it does you no good when you can't control it or it's weakened from seawater." Iken said in a calm tone.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Shad0w wrote:
((Uuuuuh, guys, can you just wait a day or 2 ? Then I will post again .. just sayin cause I was havin a big time battle with Jiper 'xD ))

((Sorry I didn't see your post until it was too late....Either way the war needs to end as soon as possible so the sooner you can post the better.))
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:24 pm

((I will have to agree with what Newspeak said above. So maybe I should either make a thread about the part of the war where Wally is involved ? .. tho supposedly he was initially supposed to be the big surprize and kinda like one of the main antagonists here lol .. ))
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 4:47 pm

Shad0w wrote:
((I will have to agree with what Newspeak said above. So maybe I should either make a thread about the part of the war where Wally is involved ? .. tho supposedly he was initially supposed to be the big surprize and kinda like one of the main antagonists here lol .. ))

((I think that's a rather bad idea...It would just cause the war to drag on longer. If you want to get everything organized maybe a mass pm to everyone your characters are trying to deal with.))
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 9:49 pm

The ten Buster Call ships seemed to be making pretty good headway... that is, until one ground to a halt, and began going in reverse. A long, stretchy object had attached it to something in the murky depths, and it was being drawn in irresistably. It vanished into the darkness, and soon after wards, another began falling down. The Buster Call's numbers were dwindling quickly, in an alarmingly silent fashion. The second had vanished now, and now Vice Admiral Dogman's ship was being dragged in.
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Cobdogred wrote:
((I think that's a rather bad idea...It would just cause the war to drag on longer. If you want to get everything organized maybe a mass pm to everyone your characters are trying to deal with.))

((In what way does compartmentalizing the conflicts cause the war to drag on longer? The main storyline remains here, focusing on the event central to this entire war (or the event most central to the thread now, as everybody already at the Oro Jackson all seem to have quit posting). In the meanwhile, the sub-threads will be clutter free, able to be resumed each at their own pace, with no given one slowing down the storyline if one or more involved members quit. Finally, because the threads are separated, there is a greatly reduced likelihood of spillover from one conflict to another. This means that individual conflicts resolve more quickly.

Huge threads like this have an overwhelming tendency to become, in a word, "cluster___ed." This seems like it might be happening here. If each and every sub-plot is individually resolved, with those continuing in the arc returning here after they have been so, you end up with several smoothly running threads, a few dead threads (which would tie up this thread with their inactivity if not removed and left to die on their own) and an eventual, convergent resolution.

If you don't like this idea, it's one thing, but I can't begin to imagine how it would prolong the war, since the main storyline marches on no matter who's jumped ship.))
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Quote :
((In what way does compartmentalizing the conflicts cause the war to drag on longer? The main storyline remains here, focusing on the event central to this entire war (or the event most central to the thread now, as everybody already at the Oro Jackson all seem to have quit posting). In the meanwhile, the sub-threads will be clutter free, able to be resumed each at their own pace, with no given one slowing down the storyline if one or more involved members quit. Finally, because the threads are separated, there is a greatly reduced likelihood of spillover from one conflict to another. This means that individual conflicts resolve more quickly.

Huge threads like this have an overwhelming tendency to become, in a word, "cluster___ed." This seems like it might be happening here. If each and every sub-plot is individually resolved, with those continuing in the arc returning here after they have been so, you end up with several smoothly running threads, a few dead threads (which would tie up this thread with their inactivity if not removed and left to die on their own) and an eventual, convergent resolution.

If you don't like this idea, it's one thing, but I can't begin to imagine how it would prolong the war, since the main storyline marches on no matter who's jumped ship.))

((Well making multiple threads of the war would be a good idea.....If it was made at the beginning of the war arc not towards the end. Also we're in on area and spillover from other fights just happen it would be the same IRL if there were a crap ton of different battles going on. To be honest the different threads wouldn't have solved a thing considering the person that slowed it down would have slowed down most if not all of the other threads too. The last point is, that it would just plain confuse people that had missed a lot of the war and confuse them some more.))
Back to top Go down
Newspeak

Newspeak

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:13 am

((Right, spillover would happen IRL, but this is IC and we have control over it. By preventing spillover - however realistic it would be for it to occur - we expedite battles. Conflicts resolve faster when new players aren't constantly falling into them.

The thing is, if any given separate thread is slowed down or dies, that's okay, and I've already said as much; the main story is allowed to progress unhindered. Let's say we split this into four threads, and two died; those two dead threads represent a number of other players who would have been slowing down this one and are now weeded out of it. Any active players from those sub-threads that die are welcome to migrate back to the main plot.

As for confusing people that are new to the war, this is a forum; the archive of what's happened exists, and they're as free to read it as I was when I came in on like page 20. If anything, because the sub-plots are separate, they have less back-reading and less confusion, since they only have to follow what's going on in the thread that they're in. If they don't want to read back a few pages to get a feel for the action, they'd be confused anyway.

Anyways, all this OOC spam isn't helping. I gave a suggestion, and you're free to dislike it, but your points don't bear much weight given the reality of the situation. As anything I say ever is, it's simply my view on matters. If Nikz, Gael, or anyone else involved thinks it'll help, I hope it will. If they don't and wish to proceed with the status quo, I hope that works too.

In the mean time, no matter what solution is chosen, this thread needs more RP and less OOC.))
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 am

James

“Oh forget it,” James said, turning his back on Wally. “You just stay down here and get yourself killed by the Buster Call.” Waving over his shoulder, James stalked off.

(Since this thread isn’t going anywhere right now, the Aurora Pirates are pulling out.)

Tero

Tero was back at the Pheonix Squad ship getting himself fixed up by some of the field doctors. He had found a group of Atlantean who were apparently trying the escape the city and he ahd left the children he had found with them. After that, it was simply a matter of returning to the battlefield. He wondered how the war was going. He hadn’t done or seen all that much in the time he had been out.

Gavin

Gavin slipped downstairs into the bottom of the Pirate King’s ship. He felt around for a weak spot and when he found one, he smashed a hole in it with his guitar. Water began gushing in and Gavin had to run back up to the main deck. As he went, he felt an overwhelming sadness and acceptance. What was going on?

As Gavin sprang back to safe ground, he turned to watch the ship sink. Tear sprang unbidden to his eyes, but he quickly wiped them away. Why was he crying? The ship was sinking. No one could use it as a figurehead any longer. He had done his job This was for the best, wasn’t it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))   Atlantis - Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines)) - Page 24 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Serious, War Thread: The Grand Atlantis War ((Open to all participants, three way struggle between Pirates, Atlantians and Marines))
Page 24 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24