One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals

Go down 
+13
Redmerv
Cobdogred
i AM LiGHT
samowise
GoreFish
Frog Dragon
Kaiser Yonkou
Gael
Maxulus
Layman Iconoclast
Captain Clearwater
TheBlackLuffy
nikz200
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gael
Admin
Gael

Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:52 pm

Actually, I just realized, it isn't fair for one person to hold two of the Shichibukai, Admiral, or Yonkou positions. Sorry, Cob, but I'm gonna have to revoke my approval, and transfer it to TBL.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:56 am

Are you serious?
Let me start this by saying I currently do not have nor want an admiral, a yonkou , or a shichibukai character.

Now, I am a bit saddened by this and I am going to have to STRONGLY disagree with the statement that is "isn't fair" for one person to have more than one titled character. I agree that no one should have more than one of the same type; two yonkou, for example, but to limit someone to only have one titled character is absurd. FAIR? We are not in kindergarten, making sure everyone gets a crayon. Everyone should have the opportunity to EARN one of each these titles but no one should be omitted because they they already have a character with another of these three titles. These titles are for VERY well written characters that are deserving of them by virtue of the quality of how the character is written and how it interacts with the world; they should NOT be handouts for the needy. Some people do not have these titles because they did not EARN them! These are merit-based titles, not communist rations!

If Cob has a character that is a better fit for the title, then he should not be PUNISHED for excelling to achieve a title with another character. If he earned the title fairly, bloody let him have it! Not that these titles are the ultimate point of RPing on this site, nor should they be... but they are important and if people are only given the opportunity to excel with only ONE character, won't the quality of the others deteriorate since they are given no incentive to excel once they have a single title?

FURTHERMORE, this has only RECENTLY become an enforceable issue and there are people on this site who have had major, well-written titled characters for a VERY long time while this issue has remain unchallenged. These titles have become an inextricable part of how these characters function and because of this playground rule suddenly dropping from the sky because someone who hasn't yet earned a title feels left out, these people are being forced to KILL their major characters that they have literally spent YEARS developing after fairly EARNING these titles long ago. THAT is what is not FAIR! We cannot PUNISH excellence and REWARD mediocrity!

The problem does not rest within "fairly/evenly" disbursing the titles, the problem is having high enough standards of quality for achieving them. Everyone has the right to earn one if they put the work into them and everyone should have the right to challenge others with a title. Of a person has two and can't handle the responsibilities and standards of having more than one, they SHOULD be challenged and stripped of their rank but no one should be denied the opportunity to try. That is a truer representation of the world that this forum is meant to recreate, not bloody sharing toys like babies. Competition breeds better characters and better writing, not consolation prizes and bleeding hearts.

I also apologize for the somewhat angry tone of this but I simply cannot agree with this rule.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:32 am

I am pulling my vote out fully.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Kenjiro Nakamura wrote:
First of all CT please stay calm and do not rant. Secondly I apologize if I sound dickish here but frankly both Admin and Gael do not wish for Cob or anyone else I believe to have two high up ranks. Frankly it was going to happen either way considering Admin wanted it to. Not much arguing against this rule as I don't believe it's going away.

Also on a very personal side note I am fine with people having two ranks like this but if their like Nikz who gives people plenty of chances to kill off his characters but Cob never gives said chance. Then again I'm only a mod as of a few months ago and have no right arguing with an older mod so meh Neutral

Edit: Side side note: I am also transferring my vote to TBL as well

First of all bull fucking shit, my characters can be killed. The character in question was nearly killed before he was even put up. Now to my main point; I'm taking Derge Sr. out of the drawing. So now it doesn't matter what I say, since it's not some shitty attempt to get the title. I agree with CT, some people just don't deserve a title and I believe that character is one of them. If I may remind you of one thing. 30 mile radius fireball....as a vice admiral....So oh well I didn't get the title I didn't really want, I'm not going to cry over, but please don't vote for someone that doesn't deserve it.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:25 pm

I'm not even going to comment on the mis-measurement. Mentioning that is just child's play. Even after I admitted to not knowing the severity of the attack and stating it was an accident. We even omitted it Rply..so yeah..

Cob I've been working on Payne since I joined the site. I've been working him souly for the rank of Admiral. Its literally the only rank I wanted one of my characters to officially obtain. Saying he doesn't deserve it is a complete understatement. I've worked long and hard on him

Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I apologize for my aggressive format but I do not alter my opinion. If someone wins 1st place in the 440 and the 100 at a track meet, should they be given only ONE ribbon because it isn't fair to the athletes who were not as fast as the winner to be denied a ribbon?

TBL, just because you've worked for a long time doesn't mean you deserve it. My grandmother has been cooking turkeys for 50 years but they still tastes like poultry flavored sawdust marinated in the Dead Sea. Duration is NOT a gauge of skill or merit. You can actually do something ... badly for more than 50 years. Also this isn't about you, this is about someone and ANYone who already has another character with an office at least being the opportunity to contend for another.

I am not saying that Cob deserves the rank and I'm not saying that he doesn't, what I am saying is that his eligibility should not be void because he has another character with a different rank. Everyone should have the opportunity to have only one of each major office for so long as it fits the character and situation and they are able to continue to write well enough to earn its merits.

If you think Cob is not worthy don't give it to him but don't give it to someone else who isn't worthy just because he doesn't have one yet and don't deny Cob the office if he really is the best choice for it. This isn't handing out lollipops at school, this a something earned though skill. The process of achieving such a rank should also, probably, be more difficult than a hand full of mods who may or may not have read a decent sample of the candidates character and rping skills. There should at least be a more formal protocol for making the best decision.

Another problem with this is that this rule was not always around and there are who have had multiple characters with major positions for years. They have worked hard to earn and maintain these positions and if this flies, should these people have to KILL characters that they have poured years of their life into? After a while that character grows into the office and it becomes an inextricable part of that character and the only way to remove it to kill them. Should someone really have to choose which character to kill of characters they've had for years? ...That is precisely what is happening RIGHT NOW. That is real the "unfairness" in this issue. They should at lease be grandfathered into keeping their positions for all of the hard work and dedication the put into their characters over the years.

Lets not punish people for being better RPers than others, rather we should encourage the lesser skilled to grow and become worthy. The journey should be just as much trial for the RPer as it should be for the character and at the end of the day, everyone will be better and stronger for it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:06 pm

....I talked to Gael there IS a grandfather thing so people with two ranks keep the characters though not sure about the rank. Ask Gael about that one.
Back to top Go down
Hysteria

Hysteria

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Cryptic Terror wrote:
Lets not punish people for being better RPers than others, rather we should encourage the lesser skilled to grow and become worthy. The journey should be just as much trial for the RPer as it should be for the character and at the end of the day, everyone will be better and stronger for it.
I agree with Cryptic this time around, particularly this statement. She's pretty much nailed my thoughts on the matter square in the head. In my opinion, if a character deserves a position, then they should get of whether the user has other ranked characters or not. If someone has a problem with a user having multiple ranks, they could always create a more deserving character and challenge the position.

It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense in the site's plot, either. Say Billy Bob the pirate is incredibly influential, one of the strongest pirates around, and has a massive crew, and fits all the requirements for yonkou quite nicely. Is it really going to make sense if a pirate that barely fits the bill comes along and takes the position, because of something entirely unrelated to the plot? A yonkou really wouldn't be one of the strongest pirates in the world if some other fella can come along and beat him up anyways, title-less or not. It'd really diminish the value of having the title to being with.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 am

I do understand and agree with the opposing groups point. Which is why I'm not really getting to involved with the debate. I honestly don't know all the history behind this argument. But I do know Nikz has had 2 high ranking roles on the site. I didn't think anyone cared because Nikz has done so much good for the site and that he not only earned it Rply but from being a respectful and admirable member. I know it's not fair to do this vote based on personal ties between members. But I will say this, everyone should be treated equally regardless I'd they act petty over such mild incidents. Or for what ever other reason may happen. I my self and other members would agree that the 2 rank rule should be into play..but Cob who already has gotten the votes should keep the Admiral Position. Regardless if you all view me as "unworthy" I also wasn't ready to put Payne up for the spot because I KNEW for a fact that he wasn't ready. I just have working on him well, he just isn't ready to shoot for the spot.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:55 am

I apologize for the problems caused by this issue, and I realize I have been both hasty in my decisions to vote for characters, as well as in my methods to solve the problems arising here. Upon further consideration, there is no real reason for either Derge Sr. (now out of the drawing so this is redundant, but the fact stands) or Payne to obtain the rank. Neither is really exemplary of Marine ideals, specifically because both of them have an extreme tendency to screw over other people and Marines in order to further their own goals.

Cryptic's points are extremely valid, and one's skill in RPing certainly should be the defining factor. However, it is, in my personal opinion, sort of bad taste to go after several high ranking positions, especially two so polarized in their goals. Admittedly, that is exactly what Nikz has done, but he doesn't have the... audacity, I suppose?... to have the two characters on opposite sides of the conflict be directly related by blood. Additionally, there is only one person who has ever gotten two high ranking positions before, and that was working towards it from the start. For others, they sort of just put up their characters to see, "Hey, can I get this position? Don't really want it, but hey, if I can get it, I'll take it."

More thought will be put into the approval for other positions in the future, but for now I can only apologize for poor handling of the situation on my part. To resolve the current issue, Payne is flat out denied for the position.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 4:50 pm

Permanently? I knew Payne wasn't ready..just seeing the spot I've been aiming for about to be taken I thought "Well looks like I don't have a choice now"..and put him up.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Not permanently, just for the moment.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:40 pm

Okay, I completely understand. I'll continue working on him.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 12:55 am

I absolutely agree that no one's goal should be to collect all the ranks like pokémon. The ranks must fit the character and the character's journey. No character should be created specifically to collect a rank; the character and its journey should always be first. It's the journey that is the fun part, not the titles. I was merely worried that someone may, in fact, have multiple characters who do fit the needs of the rank and of their character. (Nik is actually a vey good example of this.) If they require the necessary skills, character, and story, they should not be omitted just because they have a different character with another rank.

That does not mean that having two means you get to skim the responsibilities. If you chose to have more than one, you should 100% earn maintaining those positions every day. No one asked anyone to carry more than one and doing so means committing to everything that goes with it.

Admittedly, I don't know a lot about Cob's or TBL's characters which is precisely why I did not offer a vote. I presumed that those who voted took skill, character, and story line into consideration when doing so. TBL, I hope you do not think I was victimizing you specifically, nor do I place a vote behind Cob because I do not have the necessary information to do so. It was the principle of what was going on that concerned me. I do not believe that someone who is a good fit should be omitted because of their excellence with another character nor do I believe anyone should be given a position because it exists and because they do not currently posess a high ranking character.

You cannot just cram anything into a keyhole because it is an empty space, the key has to fit in order to make any progress. These positions take a lot of skill and a lot of journeying. They should not be something that you casually stumble into; everything must fit perfectly. You may well get there one day, TBL ... and when you do, it will mean so much more to you because of all of the work you put into it. Things that come easily are rarely appreciated ... it the things that are difficult that you treasure the most. Good luck to you all.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:09 am

After some talking with Frog Dragon , we both agreed that since he would not be rping regularly, the character Ran Miryan has lost the admiral post. This leaves two open spots for Admiral and one for Fleet Admiral. I would like to see more applicants for the admiral position in the near future since we need to fill up the spots.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 2:31 pm

"Need to fill up the spots" does NOT mean stuffing ill-fit candidates into the positions because they 'need to be filled" It is far better that the spot be left empty then randomly stuffing an unworthy character into them simply because they are open. Please don't apply unless your character is actually a good fit for it and you feel like putting the time into keeping up with the position. Frog's position requires filling some large amphibious shoes and the ONLY reason he is no longer eligible is because of his infrequent RPing.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 7:48 am

As of now I'm officiously on my own terms putting up Major Payne as a candidate for Admiral. After his current actions I feel I've done enough with him to finally go for the spot.

Major Payne

1. a Veteran Marine (OCCly and ICly)
2. He has compelete control over the 1st Divison Marine Fleet (which has 20 Ships total)
3. He's a very wise and tastic man. Meaning he can think up Battle Plans in an instant.
4. He's taken the Lead in many Wars and Battles on the Site as the Head in Attack.
5. He's Captured Powerful pirates such as Maxualus
6. He's holding his own against an Yonkou while taking on his crew with limited assistance from other Marine forces.
7. He's going toe to toe with a Yonkou him self.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:43 pm

I APPROVE of this for several reasons.

1. Accomplished marine character on the site which has been around for a long time and has progressed to Vice Admiral.
2. TBL is a long serving member of this site and this character has many good qualities as a marine
3. Can hold his own against some of the best in the site
4. There has been question about TBLs..... overpowered moments, but he has changed his ways very drastically since he was advised and i think the fireball incident should be put behind us now seeing how much TBL has changed.

For all these reasons, i APPROVE Paynes Admirality
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 7:02 pm

Tbl, you have my vote.
Back to top Go down
Redmerv
Admin
Redmerv

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:14 pm

having discused this with Gael we offer you a trail to see if your worthy to rp as an admiral, you will be promoted to an admiral but we will be able to revoke this at any moment if we think you abused it.

if you accept to this condition you can call yourself an admiral
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 pm

I accept
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Congratulation, I think this is deserved.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:51 am

So welcome aboard TBL i have included you to the list
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:57 am

Thank you everyone, I will not let you down!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:05 pm

I would like to toss Darnel for the position of admiral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals   Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marine Fleet Admiral and the Admirals
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next