One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 3:21 pm

Jade didn't really say anything for some time. Too much talking or attachment to anything she mentioned - even the knife itself would reveal to much. She could never reveal anythiing specific about her identity. The knife had been important to her for some time. In reality, the general had been her father's best friend - he had given it to her father as he lay dying and it, along with an old katana was given to Jade before he died while Nikara got their mother's trident. She was supposed to return that knife to the general's son - but he was presumed dead. "This dagger has never drawn blood - sorry I thought ... I hoped you were someone else. Hate, you say? Hate is a strong emotion - I'm afraid I don't know you well enough to think about you that much. I could offer you my thanks for your assistance but it wouldn't really matter since you never really did anything for my sake."

She watched the cat depart sensing a great deal of sorrow and regret he didn't really want to deal with or talk about - at least they had that in common. She tucked her knife into her belt, took a long drink of her rum before securing that as well. He didn't give her a proper answer but she couldn't begrudge him that - she'd been giving vague answers and half truths about her past for her entire life.

She took a deep breath. It was difficult to be here - dealing with her past and her own demons that haunted her - while surrounded by others who were tortured in the same way - a ship of shattered souls finding solidarity in chaos. She made her way back to the upper deck to check on the others who had been left speechless.

She had a tube containing a rolled up map - more of a blueprint. It was of the citadel on the island they were approaching. She tossed it toward Hawks. Perhaps he wouldn't misread her act of giving him a map. They needed a plan of action. "Shall we begin?"

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 3:33 pm

"How did you ended up like that?!" Percy was screaming in disbelief, as Crows was head-first, down to the hips submerged into what oddly enough was a massive lump of fatty, rich meat. Crows was responding, but because of being literally stuck into a piece of flesh tissue, only a faint mumble was heard. -He said "I meant to do that, don't pester or worry about me.-

"Miss Jade, look! The Cat person somehow got us some meat provisions!" Brosko thumbs up at her, grinning widely, but then, potentially due to recalling all the trouble she put her throught, retracks, literally sucking his thumb awkwardly. "AND ARE YOU SUCKING ON YOUR SUCKER?! ARE YOU A BAB-HYAAAAH, STOP DOING THAT, IT FUCKING HURTS!" Percy alternated quickly from judging Brosko to rolling down in pain, then yelling at Ginji who, next to Hawks, was looking at the blonde, with a pale, scared expression.

"Ah, yes, they say that the first time in sexual intercourse is painful." Mark calmly remarks, making everyone sans Hawks to yell back "WHERE DID THAT CAME FROM?!" "You said that to fu-erm, perform a sexual act, hurts."

"Oh, thank God you are back, these people are driving me ins-a map!" Hawks gasps, and then looks around, like an idiot, and clears his throat. "Right, we have to plan ahead." Crows mumbled again, but no one could hear. He said "Why are you scared of a map, you weirdo?".
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 26, 2017 4:17 pm

Jade places two finger on her temples, closing her eyes for a moment.  Idiots.  She was surrounded by idiots.  She ignored Brosko while raising a brow at the odd ... control he seemed to have over that annoying chicken man.  "Ginj - what the hell are you doing to him ... and why?  It seems to only make him worse.  Also - are you alright -- you look like you've seen a ghost." She leans in to get a good look at his pallor, tucking her long hair behind her ear - a single trace of silver hair being revealed for a split second as it caught the light before disappearing into the rest of her hair.

She was distracted with Mark's outburst.  She eyes him coldly - approaching for a moment, breezing a bit to close to him but without stopping as she murmured "save your pity for the weak" so only he could hear. She continues moving until she reaches the magician so she could have a better look at the map.  

Just as she arrives, Xan casually wanders up with a self-important swagger.  He slips the map out of the magician's hand and slowly begins to unroll it.  The distinctive crinkling catches Jade's attention as she swallows hard, shivering slightly - she did not expect to be so affected. "Now ..." Xan almost purrs as he places the map down over a barrel and begins to trace lines smoothly with one finger, clearly familiar with the layout of his own home. Jade bites her lower lip while looking at the ground periodically, trying to pay attention but also trying to remain sane - and making damn sure not to make eye contact with the magician.  "This is the area they'll be after to restock their provisions.  We could head them off in both directions to make sure there can be no escape."
He indicates a large iron gate on the backside of the grain storage area... "Jade - you'll want Hawks to ..."
Jade's eyes were on the map following every curve... answering before he could finish.  "Yeah ... like that ...er ... want Hawks to what?"

Xan blinked for a moment, a sweat drop forming as he looked at her, then at the magician, then at the map trying to ignore whatever the hell that was about.  "Uhhhh... right.  You'll want Hawks to ... help secure this area.  I assume his sorcery extends to locking mechanisms?"

"Mmm ... I do hope so ...I never really though about restr--Oh - perhaps he does! For gates.  Only gates.  Obviously gates. That gate specifically.  So, Haw--magician type person on the ship - do you have a magic key ... that isn't ... I mean .. Um.  Do... do you do locks ...Hawks?  Hawk's Locks. Magical times. Magical keys. ...Magical maps. Yep." She physically put her hand over her mouth before things somehow got worse - they certainly couldn't get more awkward.

The fishman paused eyeing Jade with concern.  He wave a hand in front of her face several times.

She snapped out of her daze, happy for the distraction, really. "What are you DOING?!  Stop waving at me!"

"I-I'm sorry - I was a bit concerned that you may have had a stroke. Ah - anyway, Sir Hawks - you do indeed 'do locks' of the magical sort?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:17 am

"Uh, apparently I cannot be absent for more than a moment without you bunch acting like little kids, can I?" Catz appears and approaches them, snarling at the group who had, more or less, devolved into a uniformed mass of weird. Turning to Hawks, he smacks the blonde on the top of his head, using what appeared to be an oversized fan. "Need a therapy about map disability disorder or something? Grow up." he hisses, narrowed eyes, fixed on Jade as he spoke, since she too was acting really oddly around these graphs.

"Besides, we don't have to do much until we arrive. Mr. Fishman here has stated that his authority and therefore the Fishmen will, for the most part, help us investigate. And if not ... well we have him as a hostage in this case. The main problem is getting a hint about finding Mr. Tiberius' friend." He continues, and throws a small map towards Jade, observing her, almost as if documenting her weird behavior as a case to solve.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:38 am

Jade shook off her frazzled state as the cat approached. She still didn't like him and his newly found condescending demeanor wasn't helping. She met his gaze, flicking with annoyance as she felt he was challenging him on her own ship. She stepped between him and the magician almost snarling. "Therapy ... may be accurate .... but I wouldn't call it a ... disability."

She caught the map that was tossed at her, eyeing it wish disgust as though she had just been propositioned by the lowliest creature of existence. She irreverently crushes it in her hand before dropping it back into his possession. "No thanks - you're not my type."

She hopped onto a barrel, sitting on it cross legged, he chin in her hands. "Now - if you will quit assing around a treating my ship like a goddamn laboratory for your misguided psychiatric experimentations - perhaps we could do something productive to ensure you have a home to return to - forever, with any luck."

She laced her fingers together, as she observed Xan, whose face had darkened considerably. "Furthermore. Do not presume to dictate who and who is not a prisoner on MY ship. This diplomat has already been extended guest right and all of the protections that come with it and will remain free unless he breaks the stipulations of this hospitality contract. ... and I don't give a shit about your relocation powers - do us all a favor and relocate your mouth."

Xan seemed collected, but his clenched jaw indicated he was restraining himself. He leaned against the bow, arms crossed, briefly addressed Jade. "I appreciate you honoring guest rights on your vessel but I don't need you fighting my battles for attacks against my person. Listen, cat - we are completely surrounded by water on all side and it is only fatal for one of us - and should you presume to hostage me in any way - rest assured that would will gather the ire my family and entirety of the alliance who were banking on this to be a smooth transaction. I'm also not the only heir, so no concessions will be made to extract me alive ... but retribution for the offense will be swift and absolute."

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Catz observed those two effectively oppose and showcase that they weren't going to be following anyone else's orders, especially Jade. He grins widely, a bizarre grin, almost as if he was glad to see them have a strong backbone. Stuffing a large straw hat, that he had apparently taken from Hawks' room as well -judging from the magician's jaw dropping and failed attempt to protest-, the grin still visible, he "relatiates".

"We are PIRATES. Protocols and fancy do or do not aren't necessarily something we ought to oblige or comply to. After all, you did appeared out of the blue. Just because our host over here believes your words without a single trace of suspicion, doesn't mean that I am willing to drop my guard. If the rest wish to be naive and lack the intention or do not value their heads, now that's their call. I am however urged to be on my guard, at least for my own skin. Also, you are still quite a young man to spook me with that promise, Mr. Xan." He addresses, his expression and tone concealed and puzzling enough not to let them tell if calling him by name was a sign of admiration of his fighting prowess or merely a taunt.

"About our other target. I think we may have a small lead. There's a person living in Fishman island that used to have dealings with some officers of the Black Cross. Surely, you have a catalogue we can look for containing the names of permanent human residents on Fishman Island, correct?" Hawks intercepts them, to help de-escalate the mood. He knew well that she wouldn't drop a fight if the fight knocked on her door.

"Oh, and why would you crush that poor map? I didn't tried to break your toy earlier." Catz then adds to Jade, while licking his own paw, purring to himself, as if oblivious of their presense.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 2:02 pm

Jade was getting annoyed - she could feel her inner beast teeming just below the surface, itching to come out. She stepped closer to the cat, her glare growing darker.  "My ship.  My rules. They are not arbitrary. We have protocol for a reason. On this ship, we all work together to create a single organism - to create a highly functioning battle tactical unit.  if you break rank for your personal vendettas, your sorrow, your ego - we ALL fail - because you thought your goals were more important -- and in the end you will also lose." She leans in closer, eyes blazing with fury. "If you would like to have things your way on your own vessel - I can certainly help you overboard."

Xan watched the two annoyed, his head in his hands.  They were acting exactly like his siblings - squabbling so much they could get nothing done.  Without much thought, he approached Jade who currently had the cat pinned against the bow of a ship looking as though her next moment would end in eating his face off, wrapping large hands around her small waist he picked her up and placed her back on her barrel she was perched on earlier.  "You stay there..."

Jade felt herself being lifted off the ground but she didn't remember extracting her wings ... why was she moving backwards... what was happening?!  She began to struggle just as she was placed atop the barrel and was eye to eye with Xan. His dark eyes seemed ... disappointed. Annoyed, she tried to get up to lunge at the cat who just called her dagger a toy.  The nerve.

Xan could see, just as his siblings, her intent and caught her midair by the arms and sat her back down. "No, damnit.  We don't have time for this nonsense.  I said stay - and don't give me shit about ordering you around on your ship, which by the way is slower transportation for me.  You said your primary goal is an efficiently working tactical unit.  Stop standing in the way of that and calm your ass down." She started to struggle, but he wasn't exactly wrong so she just crossed her arms and opted to pout instead. Xan acknowledged the cat for a moment "... and you stop antagonizing her."

He then makes his way to Hawks, who was the only one trying to be half-way useful.  "There isn't an directory, exactly but there is an archive inside of the center along with a blueprint of the city, maps of utility placement, and historical ancestry documents. My family also has copies in storage."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 11:53 am

"Young people really are naive ... only tried to help you realize what to do. But am leaving it to you since my presense is that toxic. Adieu." Catz groans, and warps away, oddly taking Ginji and Crows along. "H-he said something about "fixing that vessel" or something before .." Brosko timidly explains to the rest. Meanwhile, Percy left out a large sigh, probably because Ginji was finally out of view, but then fell down in pain. "OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE, I WILL KILL THAT BASTARD ONE DAY!"

Ignoring them, mainly Percy's laments and screams of anger and pain, he addresses to Xan. "Am fairly certain that you will have some easily available information about that one person. He is, after all, a historian, amongst other things." he turns his attention to Jade, feeling increasingly bad about not being able to diffuse the situation between her and their feline companion. "Am sure you recall mentions to that person, right? I mean, Mr. Wally didn't had dealings with that many people of that type."

Turning back to the empty spot of where the cat was sitting on earlier, he sighs lightly. "Excuse him, Mr. Xan. He may look like a grumpy, troublemaker of a person, but I can tell that he's a good guy. I will apologize for any inconvinience he or anyone else causes to you while you are here and will intervene if I see fit. But he's going to be useful to our ordeals that are yet to come."
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 11:38 am

Jade was annoyed, seeing Ginji and the quiet one disappear leaving the gaggle of disreputable idiots behind. "Wait - you left these two behiiiind!"

Xan nodded to Hawks before turning his eyes to the coast approaching the horizon. "You may be the only one on this vessel who was properly and respectfully raised. I won't trouble you much longer. I need to go ahead of the ship to make sure no one causes trouble for you. My parents wont be happy to see I've arrived empty handed and showing up with you may make things difficult. Use the port the shell fishing merchants on the west side."

He sighed turning back to the of the islands direction they had come from. "I will try to help you get what you need. Having seen the island, my parents interest in it makes no sense... and they've got to be up to something. I'll ask my wife about it ... she may have some insight into what they're up to. As that was another union of resource consolidation, she may know what they're up to. You may want to split up - not everyone should leave the ship at once." He takes a moment to eye the shit shoW that was Percy, Brosko and Mark. "You large and loud ones mill around the docks and make a spectacle of yourselves - meaning act natural, I suppose." He turns back to Jade and Hawks - "You two wait until dark and sneak out of your vessel - try not to draw attention and stay toward the alleys. I will try to clear as many of my family's guards and spies away as I can - but I can't promise all of them. Be cautious - we'll see each other again soon. I thank you both for your hospitality"

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 11:49 am

"Right ..." Hawks comments, mainly to himself, upon receiving a compliment about his -potentially, according to their guest- "respectful" raising to become who he was. He probably had the most opposite past of what Xan assumed, than any of these buffoons stuck with them, after all. "Either way, we will do our best. They may seem like impeciles, but they are all skilled enough to pull that off." he later adds, pointing his thumb towards their way, an irony regarding good manners that Percy couldn't help but mumble "it is impolite to point" to himself.

"Uh, M-Master Jade, shall I take control of the handle? We will approach our entry spot soon if we begin adjustments right away." Brosko questions her, but behind a, fitting to his size, tall barrel.

Mark had remained mostly silent outside of some cases of misunderstanding figures of speech, but in the end, he rubbed his chin. "How are we going to infiltrate and draw no attention to us if we act like statues?" "A large sweatdrop forms at the back of Hawks' head. "Uh, I ... promise, they will pull it off. T-trust me." he says to Xan.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 1:23 pm

Jade looks toward the approaching horizon, wind lacing through her hair. "What have we gotten ourselves into ..."

---------------------------

Xan had disappeared below the water to rapidly arrived in his home town. He approached the small private residence where his wife usually lived when she wasn't tending to matters of state. He moved through the large home until he arrived in her quarters where he found her thoroughly engaged in bed with someone. "Ah - I'll wait downstairs - find me when you're ... less busy. I'll make tea."

After a few minutes an attractive man with dark hair and hard eyes made his way down the stair with a particular swagger and a smug look on his face, wearing nothing but a light robe with an intricate pattern, which he hadn't bothered to tie. "Unfortunate you can't keep the lady satisfied - how does it feel to be a cuckold?"

Xan had been drinking tea while looking out the window. He calmly walked over to the man who noticed the dark look on his face and began backing away until he reached a wall. "Apparently you're too stupid to understand this - but the only reason you're fucking my wife is because I allow you to. I have no interest in her personal affairs. We are married as a manner of diplomacy, not because it makes us happy. She deserves to be happy - and for some unknown reason, she is amused by you. If I wanted you gone, you would be ... without a trace and no one would even miss you. Do put some clothes on - " He lifted his tea cup, allowing a bit of the scalding liquid to slosh over the edge, scalding droplets finding more sensitive parts of the man's body causing him to yelp. "... hot liquids can be quit dangerous." He too a long drink while leveling a chillingly calm gaze at the man who was currently in quite a bit of pain.

An elegant woman was making her way down the stairs, now fully dressed in a long silk gown, s shell patter woven in golden thread across the outer coat, soft brown curls secured atop her head, her dark eyes sharp and clever. The man gave her a desperate look as he found himself too close to Xan for comfort. She didn't bother to look at him as she passed by to pour herself a cup of tea. "You really must learn your place ... the only reason your home city wasn't savaged by a brutal war is because of our marriage. I really don't have the time nor the patience to teach you the principles of diplomacy nor social structure. We have important matters to attend to - I trust you can see yourself out."

The look on the young man's face was a mix of horror and disbelief. "...but I... I.. when will I see you again?"

She gave him a cold look. "I though I had just dismissed you. Get out. Now. Or would you like my husband to assist you?"

Without another word he scrambled to collect his clothing and leave is quickly as possible. As he made his way toward the door she spoke again. "Leave the robe. You don't get to wear my family crest."

Horrified, he tried to put his pants on in a panic. She was growing impatient with his incompetence as she walked over to collect her robe. "One more thing. You probably shouldn't challenge the sexual prowess of a fishman. You'll lose that wager every single time, little one. Now do up your trousers and go."

Xan had seated himself to enjoy the rest of his tea while their guest finally made his exit. She handed the robe to a servant who quickly scurried off before she made her way back into the room. He raised a brow quissically look before remarking blandly. "I didn't think you like the dumb ones."

She shrugged. "Architect - absolutely useless without a three dimensional math problem in from of him. You to have the effect of making everyone insecure, you know. You're too perfect. Now, my darling husband, what can I do for you?"

He poured himself another cup of tea and looked out the windows. "Do you know what interest my parents would have in a cluster of desert island?"

Her expression changed "... what desert islands?"

"The ones to the west - where the old kingdom was - they are trying to use me to get a foothold with a princess there. The last thing I need is another wife and worrying about what the hell they're up to."

His wife had gone pale, the teacup was overfilled with the tea she was continuing to pour as it dribbled unceremoniously to the floor. "They know ... Xandrian, we have to do something ..."

"Know what? Lexana ... what are you talking about?"

"You ... you didn't know."

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 1:40 pm

"I didn't need your help ..." Crows calmly claims, slowly walking in circles, while Ginji and Catz were applauding, much to the man's increasing annoyance. "But we fixed you, a tad. Show some gratitude. Is everyone on board like HER?!" Catz, visibly drunk, yelled, while Ginji and Brosko started shaking hands to make him stop.

"We are already submerged and on our way to Fishman island, you want Miss Jade to attack you in such a vulnerable state, we will all die if that bubble pops!" Brosko yells but is ignored as Catz immediately fell asleep after that statement.

"I can help you change your body in any lovely way you wish young man! Why, even lovely boobs is easy a task for me to perform, maaaaha!" Ginji spins around. Apparently they had done some sort of "modifications" on the weird, formerly leech of a person. Crows dismissed them, then slowly walked away, while Mark and Percy were focused on deck duties.

" Are you alright? Sorry for not intervening earlier, but felt you'd feel offended if I was going to step in before." Hawks tells Jade, while they were sitting on the front, all sorts of cryptic, massive, impressive sea creatures were roaming all over their field of you, thankfully none interested in them. For now.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Jade regarded Hawks as she watched the underwater world move past her. She refused to be overwhelmed before the battle even begun. "I'm fine.  This ship is my responsibility.  I don't need you to fight my battles.  I do respect and value your input, however - so feel free to call out anything that's out of line." She slowly pulled the string from the top lacing of her shirt, pulled all of her hair into a high ponytail and secured it the string, a slight smirk tugging at her lips.  She turned from him, her hair whipping around a lightly hitting him in the face. "... but if I'm extra bad ... you can level a complaint with me privately."

-----

Xan had made arrangements to have an armed escort around for himself the town with his wife which made a substantial pull from the guards that would have been patrolling the city. They had both dispatched their connections to try to get more information on the nature of the venture into acquiring the islands. Lexana was determined to find out if her parents were aware of and complicit with this venture.

Last edited by Cryptic Terror on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 4:16 pm

"Oh?" Hawks grins at her statement. Probably would come in handy when they had some free time and some secured privacy to do some more map expedition and sketching. The naughty vibe was quickly replaced with another sentiment tho, while he looked at her with her hair in that fashion. "That .. looks great on you."

"Everything clear, darling?" Liliana smirked salaciously, addressing to a Fishman, who appeared to be a guard of shorts.

"Uh, y-yes, everything appears to be in order, M-Miss Liliana!" The guard responds awkwardly, visibly nervous. There were a lot of guards around, and this was seemingly a cargo check towards ships entering the Fishman Island's territory. "Apologies, Miss Liliana! After the events in Dressrosa, security has been increased. Everything is fine, however!" he adds. She smiles sadistically, then extents her hand towards him, an act that visibly seemed to scare him for some reason.

Stopping just a breath before touch, she retracts, giggling. "Excellent! Would like you to handle the maintainance checks as soon as possible, my father is waiting for me. And, call me lady ..." her tone darkens, further agitating not just that one guard, but everyone nearby. "But, since you are such an attractive lad, will let that slip ... this once." she adds, giggling once again. "Eratos! Platon! Come with me." she calls out two of her subordinates, and walks away, leaving the guards to finish whatever they had to finish.

*One of his offsprings .. who would have thought that such a beauty harbors the ability to kill you by a mere touch ... so horrifying.* The guard thinks to himself, deciding to keep his distance in case of a future encounter.

Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 5:40 pm

"Of course.  I'm always open to collaboration" She offered a coy wink just before he complimented her hair. Something was different - she paused for a moment, the playfulness suddenly draining from her face.  Something in his voice caught her attention and made it extra difficult to keep her distance. "Hawks ...?" Her attempt to tease him backfired spectacularly as she was left in invisible restraints as she tried not to let her eyes linger too long. She bit lightly at her lower lip the way she did when she really wanted something and was trying to repress it.  

She needed a productive distraction. She opened a small chest and pulled out something that looked like a book with gold bindings. Inside of it she pulled out a large folded square of blank parchment.  Next she removed an inkwell and a small paint brush. Lastly she pulled out a pair of glasses.  She unfolded the parchment, placing it on the ground.  She lay down in front of it, her stomach on the floor, ankles up and crossed, one hand holding up her chin while the other loaded the brush with ink. Smooth lines of black ink intersecting as the underwater world took shape as a new map was born.  Perhaps this wasn't the best way to distract herself from that magical thirst trap after all ...

------------------------

Lexana told Xandrian of her suspicions regarding the island and his parents. For a while her refused to accept that his parents would try to lasso a Princess of a worthless island, offering protection in exchange for access to and legal claim over their islands - to chase an ancient legend that no one was really sure existed - but some very powerful people had kidnapped that same princess and they wouldn't waste resources on her capture no the relatively worthless islands unless there was something extremely valuable or extremely powerful in it for them. His parents were up against a yonkou and had dragged him into it ... which would ultimately affect his wife and her family, who as far as she knew - weren't in on this scheme.  Her family particularly wouldn't be happy to know that their son in law was taking a second wife, weakening their status in the territory. The arrangements had been made without Xan's knowledge or consent - he was just told to go and procure his new betrothed just as she was kidnapped.

The had taken a small carriage with guards ahead and behind so no one could overhear their conversation about the islands and the abducted princess. Xan sighed as his wife seemed a bit concerned about the looming threat of a yonkou and her husband's lunatic family, looking for the means to destroy the world.  "I apologize, Lexana - you really could not have married into a worse family.  it may have prevented a war - but if they're successful, it won't matter - we have to find her before they do."
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 11:38 am

"Are you guys comfortable? How about you give us a hand?!" Percy interrupted them, groaning like a spoiled child. Mark rubbed his chin. "I do not wish to be given your hand, so please, do not sever your limps as an offering. Ignore his insane demands." They were clearly going to be very irritating, and Fishman Island was still some while away. Maybe they should get some privacy? "Hmmm, it appears that you are running out of ink. We may as well go and do this at the ... map room?"

"Whoah, a gigantic crab is approaching us, and it seems to be locked on us!" Brosko yells, eyes popping out, as the colossal being reached right next to the descenting ship, a vicious glare shining. "Right. I forgot. Only 30% of ships do make it to Fishman Island, at best." Mark calmly explains.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Jade lifted her chin and peered at him over the frame of her glasses - biting her lip again as she sealed her ink well. She sat up on her hands and knees, gently blowing on the surface to dry the lines she'd made. "Map room? I'm sure I don't know what you're talking about." She gave a slight wink and she rolled up the inked parchment before getting to her feet. "Could you help me with this - you're very good at dealing with ... curved lines ..."

The large creature that has taken an interest in her ship catches her eye. "Seriously - was this the only time you could find to attack this vessel?" ... She tucks the map away while pulling her blade from its scabbard. "Back to the trenches ..." Her eyes blaze with fury - this creature would pay most severely for its poor timing.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 2:27 pm

"Whoah whoah, hold your horses! How are you going to attack this ya dumbass?! We are fruit users submerged into the ocean .. get outside and you are dead, let this shitcrap pop our bubble and we are all minced meat!" Percy barks, then rolls down in pain, with Ginji making fun of him, even tho that wasn't exactly a situation to be festive about.

"Well, we can always just use some bubble suits." Crows calmly explains, then points to the interior. "That Fishman left a couple of coat-generating bubbles. So I suppose fruit users can go too. But if the bubble pops then they will have to handle both their weakness as well as the crushing pressure."

"Wait, we have Mr. Catz, surely he can-aaaack!" Brosko gasps as he notices their feline companion was out cold, possibly from being too drunk.

"Alright, we need to act now. Miss Jade, which one from us should-HEY!" Hawks yells as Crows casually generates a bubble coating off the device, inserts himself in and leaps throught and outside their ship's protective bubble layer.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 01, 2017 9:03 pm

She tosses the blade to Crows - thoroughly drenched in neuro-toxin, not willing to reveal her ability especially since it would do no god under water. She was annoyed but prepared to fight - she approached a bubble but suddenly seemed to favor her rib case. "A moment I..."

She tried to duck behind a storage box for flotation devices before she hit the deck, blood escaping her lips. "No ..." A whisper lingered in the air before she fell unconscious.

Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:32 am

"Jade? Jade?" Hawks shaked her once again. They were sitting on a bedroom, one that was foreign to her. How long was she knocked out unconcious. "Why did you even thought of doing such a reckless thing? There were several others that could have done this. Is this your first time down there too?" He questioned here, hand on her forehead, gentle and soft touch.

"You will probably hate to year, but you own your recovery on your cat "friend" once again ... also, we have arrived. This is one of the several rooms on a motel nearby the port section we used to get inside the island's vicinity. The others are outside ... probably." he adds, caressing her. They were alone in the room, so he didn't had to pretend they merely shared a professional relationship.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:47 am

Jade opened her eyes - still a bit dizzy and light headed - her body finally acclimating to the pressure of the depth. Cats don't belong down here. Everything was blurry for a moment - her environment unfamiliar ...the light, the smells, the silence ... the wasn't her ship.. She sat up frightened looking around. She finally notices Hawks and feels a bit better. "Me? Reckless? Unlikely. The cat? - Of course... that's why he got so damn drunk ... the blood pressure increase compensated for the increased pressure of the descent so it didn't cause shock." The last thing she remembered was handing off her precious katana... "My sword! W-where is my katana?!" She examined the magicians face. "You're not hurt are you - what happened?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 12:13 pm

"Don't worry, everything and everyone is fine and well." He responds to her, although he was confident that outside of himself and perhaps Ginji, not much interest regarding the rest would exist. He did anticipated that het blade would rank high on her list, however.

"It is right here. Crows or whatever the heck he wishes to be named, brought it back to you as soon as the beast was intimidated into fleeing. Are you sure he was an annoying maniac? He is quite dark and gives off an unsettling aura, but otherwise seems like not much of a bother." he questions, partially to himself, as he was now aware that this being was sort of a parasite attached to him for a while now. Yet, he couldn't help but feel sorry for him, rather than be furious or appalled. He couldn't quite explain why. "Can you move?"
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:24 pm

She felt guilty for falling in a time of great need.  She hated herself for every weakness she harbored. The worry in her green eyes faded a bit as she realized he probably took great risk getting her here safely. "I'm so sorry I was too weak.  I won't fail you again. Only death itself will can take my fight away again ..."

Feeling determined she pulled her hair into a high pony tail again.   She looked down and noticed she was no longer wearing her clothing as she was when lost consciousness.  She was now wearing one of the magician's own shirts that was just long enough to barely cover what it needed to - and nothing else.  It was unbuttoned enough to lightly slip off one shoulder.    She ran a thumb lightly along the fabrics edge. "I suppose I should return this to you?"
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 1:39 pm

"Heh, don't be so formal, just forget about it. So, can you ... oh?" He blinked, then tried not to make it obvious that his eyes were fixated on her slender, lascivious physique. And did that part had to slip down her shoulder like that? "Erm, you can keep it. It does look better on you."

"So, pirates? We get so many nowadays, it doesn't even cause us a flinch." Outside, merely a few dozen meters away from the motel, some Fishmen were conversing with the others. "Unless someone from you is part of the banned list, should be fine." He continues, and pulls out a list, presumably with dangerous people not allowed to set foot. Close by were some other Fishmen, clad in heavy armor. They gave a menacing vibe. Elites, likely.
Back to top Go down
Cryptic Terror

Cryptic Terror

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Her fingers had been absently toying with a button until it popped open, allowing the the garment to drift further down her shoulder and chest - but his advice to keep the shirt stopped her from toying with the next button. "I see ... thank you. It seems one of my other shirts got shredded recently ... rather mercilessly." She bit her lip lightly - doing a poor job of restraining herself. Why did he have to look at her like that - those blue eyes constantly always tearing away the armor she put around herself.

Xan had thrown himself into the family archive and shipping histories looking for clues about anything that would tie his family to researching the contents of those islands. Lexana sat nearby in a corner with a stack of books and parchment as tall as she was, her nose buried in an old tome. He glanced over at her, admiring her for a moment. He really couldn't have asked for a better arranged marriage. She understood the political nature of their union and expected nothing from him but she was also an intelligent, resourceful ally with unfailing loyalty. They didn't have what one could call affection for one another but they did have a deep respect that may even resemble friendship. In this moment he was grateful for her assistance and lack of judgement concerning his family and their dubious nonsense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc   Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chasing the Warlord - Fishman Island Arc
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next