One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Supernovas

Go down 
+12
antler
Unholy
WatersCalling
Cobdogred
Steady
Gael
TheBlackLuffy
Shadow
BLiIx
Rodoku
Sleepy
nikz200
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
nikz200

nikz200

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:17 pm

I was wondering guys whether any of you would support the idea of supernova rank on the site? Or do you think its completely nonsense?
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:19 pm

I think it would be great, since pirates only have 4 yonkou ranks if you don't consider the shichibukai who for the WG. On the other hand, being a supernova only means you have high bounty so there's not much to it either.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:31 pm

I think it's an awesome idea! I was just thinking about it: Who are the supernovas in this site? It's a pretty good question and we should have a page that shows them.
Back to top Go down
BLiIx

BLiIx

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 pm

I totally love the idea, there may be some complications but we can make it pretty easy, for instance, 11 rookies with the highest bounties are Supernovas. This is the easiest and I think best way to make it, but bounties change all the time as new pirates appear and rookies go to the New World.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Admin
Shadow

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 2:38 pm

Well, seems like a good idea, but that means we gotta search for the bounties of the pirates around to determine, which can take some time. Plus, this is of course limited only to chars that are in Grand Line and not in NW.
Back to top Go down
http://santoryu-phoenix.tumblr.com
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:05 pm

I highly support the idea. It allows people to actually start as rookies, it also would make it so that people cannot start with a bounty of over 100,000. It will allow true character build.

Bounty's would have to be gained through ACTUAL Rp events. Not just because the person said so. The Pirate who has the bounty will also have to be considered a Rookie. Like their physical ability and skill as a pirate would have to be Rookie Level.

I think this is an amazing Idea..
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:49 pm

However, which characters would be counted? Long standing characters, or only new additions? I don't quite like the idea of a bounty-centric ranking system, but I think Supernova rank should be more like "A threat, but not Yonkou level."
Back to top Go down

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Hold on. Let's ask the admins before saying anything. If their blessing is given, here's how it can be done.

Only rookie pirates who haven't held any other titles are allowed to be supernovas; if the candidate meets that rule, we could decide through three ways. Either an approval process from the mod staff, or a tournament style duel system for any possible submitted characters who want to be supernovas. Lastly, a nomination system could be used.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:27 pm

Also we've had to take in count that the only ones in this list should be pirate captains or soloing pirates, am I right?
Back to top Go down
Steady

Steady

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:37 pm

What about Zoro or Killer then? It's the rookies with the highest bounties, not captains. As long as everyone isn't in the same crew, it should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Yeah, im pointing out that so there are no supernovas from the same crew....
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:50 pm

I'm just saying if your making a pirate, your bounty can't or shouldn't be over 3,000. Then you can work your way up. Once they've done enough on the site. They can be nominated or apply. Also only if you have a bounty of 150,000,000 or more. It has to be at least that much before you can apply your self. You can be nominated at any time though. But that's just my thought.
Back to top Go down

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:53 pm

If you want to talk about the bounty system TBL, talk to the head administrator. If he agrees, he'll talk to the others on the moderation staff and we'll make the changes. For now, this is just a bunch of users speculating about a possible supernova rank.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Well, this is all pretty pointless. I don't think it should be some rank, if you're a rookie with over 100,000,000 bounty, then you're a Super Nova. Simple as that, it was that way in the anime. I don't see a point in changing it here.
Back to top Go down
WatersCalling

WatersCalling

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 am

Cob, Because some pirates have bounties that are 100,000,000 and have barely been in threads and only have them for certain reasons. I would say that

- 1st, Cannot have had the bounty for more then 1 year as that would not make them a rookie

- 2nd, Cannot be a Yonkou or Shichibukai. Can gain status after being a Super Nova

-3rd, Must be approved by three mods

-4th, We can decide on how high the starting bounty is, But I say 100,000,000 is fine

-5th, Must be a Veteran of 5 threads.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:56 am

Yes, yes 100 million belli should be enough to be a supernova. And yes, there are some people that gain their bounties for no important reason. I say that the mods should check the applicants to supernova and give priority to the ones that have done better between the 11 spots there are.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:46 am

The bounty limit for a starting char is 30,000,000, which is the top that a char history can justify in my opinion. Any more than that would be cheap as hell for a starting char. If you set the bounty limit for the Supernova rank at 150,000,000, it still means that a char with a maximum starting bounty will have to gain 120,000,000 more before he can even be considered, which is quite a lot and obviously going to take more than 3 major threads to achieve. Since having more than three threads where your char is the absolute head character, where he defeats super powerful opponents and potentially perform dangerous crimes is quite rare and difficult, I think the starting bounty shouldn't be changed, and definitely not lowered to only 3,000. Having a starting bounty of 3,000 means that the very worst crime your history can include is robbery, which seems to me as too strict to be any good.

In my opinion, mods shouldn't have a saying about who's a supernova and who isn't, since it strictly follows the bounty system and not power or influence. Instead of that, bounty increases should be carefully monitored, to stop chars from gaining absurd amounts of bounty in single threads. I do think that a supernova should have at least one battle against a PC under his belt, since filling your threads with NPCs is too easy.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 10:00 am

Sleepy wrote:
The bounty limit for a starting char is 30,000,000, which is the top that a char history can justify in my opinion. Any more than that would be cheap as hell for a starting char. If you set the bounty limit for the Supernova rank at 150,000,000, it still means that a char with a maximum starting bounty will have to gain 120,000,000 more before he can even be considered, which is quite a lot and obviously going to take more than 3 major threads to achieve. Since having more than three threads where your char is the absolute head character, where he defeats super powerful opponents and potentially perform dangerous crimes is quite rare and difficult, I think the starting bounty shouldn't be changed, and definitely not lowered to only 3,000. Having a starting bounty of 3,000 means that the very worst crime your history can include is robbery, which seems to me as too strict to be any good.

In my opinion, mods shouldn't have a saying about who's a supernova and who isn't, since it strictly follows the bounty system and not power or influence. Instead of that, bounty increases should be carefully monitored, to stop chars from gaining absurd amounts of bounty in single threads. I do think that a supernova should have at least one battle against a PC under his belt, since filling your threads with NPCs is too easy.

This is what I'm talking about. Sleepy basiclly said it. I don't have a problem with bountys. As long as your not trying to become a certain rank, yet you've literally done no actual thread RPing to gain it. You have to do something major to get your bounty up. Or even if you do minor battles and your bounty goes up by like 2,000. Then that's fine. I just don't want:

New User: RandomBystanderScott

*Makes a New Rookie Pirate*

Bounty:100,390,550

Reasons: He destroyed 1 Marine Ship, and killed all of its crew.
-He fought a Vice Admiral
-He killed an entire village of people

Then that's it. Its clearly not enough for such a high bounty. Yet that's what people do. I started Dorian's bounty at 30,000. I didn't ask for a new bounty on him until he actually did things on the site, even then. His bounty just two months ago reached 100,000,000. And I don't plan to change it again for some time now.

He started as a Rookie and has gotten stronger and more infamous through out the years of being here. Which is what Super Nova should be looked on apon.
Back to top Go down
Unholy

Unholy

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 3:43 pm

The Super nova Ranks sound fine. But who determines how long a person is a rookie to begin with? I mean when someones a super nova do they get to rp here for like a year or two before they are determined a heavy hitter in the world? Also I think the bounty shouldn't really matter As much but still is vital into the rank. After all its really the impact the new Rookie has on the world.

Personally I could do either way. I wouldnt mind seeing super nova's but it wouldnt hurt my feeling to not see them either lol.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:01 pm

I think being a rookie should be determined by crew size, cause the time a char exists is not proportional to the amount of RPing it went through. Anyone outside of the Grand Line or New World can easily be considered a rookie, and a small crew usually hints rookie level, since all the major pirates have fleets on their side.
Back to top Go down
antler

antler

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:13 pm

I think this Supernova idea would've been much easier to do if you had done it from the start but it would be interesting doing it here and now and also what would happen if you had two crews who had the same bounties as unlikely as it is it still could happen
Back to top Go down
http://onepiecememories.forumotion.co.uk/
Captain One-eye

Captain One-eye

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 9:44 am

I don't exactly like the idea of a 'rank' 'based on bounty.In my opinion it would just motivate people to get even more ridiculous bounty's, only now with a time limit.Also if this rank would become official I think there should be something more then just the bounty's..In one piece they were super nova's because they had 100.000.000 bounty, and because they were the strongest of the 'new generation' in my opinion, thus adding the whole influence thing..
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:34 am

In that I agree with Youri, this will encourage rookies and new pirates to get huge bounties for absurd and sometimes almost stupid things without almost no effort, and as it is a thread thing we cant really deny that it really happened...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 12:52 am

we need another rank to war over like another dartz...
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
klemenator

klemenator

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 3:30 pm

Maybe we could change the whole idea of this being a bounty rank maybe just like the schibukai the people could sign up and the mods would examin the char to see if he is worthy of it not just look at the bounty. Strenght and achievments should count more. Then is the spots are full the weakest one or the one with the least roleplay achievments should be changed with another one person that is more suitable. And the bounty would ofcourse had to be higher then 100 milion so that it would still be kinda cannon.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Supernovas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Supernovas   Supernovas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Supernovas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next