One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grace Hopkins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 6:05 pm

((I’m a writer, or at least, I’m going to be. So I thought it would be wise to break my all-male character streak if for no other reason than to learn how to write for female characters.))

Name: Grace Hopkins

Bounty: 100,000

Species: Human

Allegiance: Herself

Home Village/Ocean: Tora Village/East Blue

Appearance: Grace is 5’6”. What can not be seen in the picture below is that she wears sneakers.

Spoiler:

History: Grace does not know where she was born. She lived on Tora Island for most of her early years, being bullied by the other street kids. She was not a particularly strong person and could not defend herself. Then he came. A boy named Wallace. He helped her out and protected from the others. The two of them became fast friends and Wallace taught Grace how to defend herself. He also showed her a flute he had and taught her how to play it. Together, the two of them kept each other safe. That is, until several years later when Wallace was stabbed and killed with a knife. Grace found him lying on the ground. He had died long before she had arrived. After taking Wallace's flute, Grace left and tracked down his killer, who was a member of a large street gang. She tried to fight the guy, but his pals all ganged up on her and she was beaten up and left for dead. Of course, Grace survived. She was found by a strange, cloaked man, who fixed her back up. When Grace was better, the man told her that he was a person who existed to help people. He offered to help her and she accepted. He produced a strange fruit from under his cloak and explained what it was, a devil fruit, and the consequences of eating it. She took it without any hesitation and ate it. Than she left the man and set out to take down the street gang. With her new Ori-Ori powers, she was able to bind each member of the gang and leave them out for the Marines to pick up. Unfortunately for her, the gang members all claimed that some crazy girl had attacked them and beat them up for no reason. The Marines knew that some of the members of the gang had been picked up for crimes, but they couldn’t be sure until they questioned the girl herself. They tracked Grace down and cornered her. She panicked and fought back, thinking that she had been caught stealing. She defeated fifteen fully armed Marines and escaped. Grace realized that she couldn’t stay on Tora Island, so she went down to the docks and stole a Marine rowboat, beating up another three Marines in the process. The Marines reacted quickly, placing a bounty of 100,000 on her head. They were hesitant to put a much larger bounty on her because she hadn’t actually killed anyone, but they weren’t going to play around with a devil fruit user.

Personality: Grace is a quiet, reserved person, at least towards people she doesn’t know. As she warms up towards someone, she usually becomes much more open and polite. She often times takes on the role of a big sister with people she likes. Grace is very protective. This is probably because she lost her best friend. She also can’t stand the thought of anyone dying, whether they be an enemy or an ally. She might make exceptions though, if a psychopathic murderer is trying to kill her friends.

Ship: A rowboat.

Ship Flag: A skull wearing a blue hat like the one in her picture with two metal bars behind it instead of crossbones.

Devil Fruit: Ori-Ori no mi (Bind-Bind Fruit)
Type: Paramecia
Effect: This gives its user the ability to bind a person with metal bars if they come in contact with the user’s skin. The user can also produce metal bars, which also bind a person that comes in contact with them.

Special Abilities:

Acrobat: Grace is very acrobatic. She is able to perform flips, climb walls, swing on ropes, and so forth.

Learned Techniques:

Ori-Ori Restraints: Grace touches an opponent’s arms or legs and creates shackles around them.

Ori-Ori Barrier: She creates a large, net-like structure of metal bars in front of her that can bind anyone who comes in contact with them.

Ori-Ori Lockdown: Grace creates a metal cage around her opponent, which can bind anyone who comes in contact with it. The cage takes a few seconds to create so it can be avoided.

Weapons/Items:

Flute

Goals: To not allow anyone else to die for her.

Last edited by James D. Cook on Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm not sure her small act of aggressive theft would earn that sizable a bounty, but other than that it's fine. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:48 am

I guess if you look at it from that perspective, it is to high. Okay, I've lowered it significantly.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:19 am

REAPPROVED.
You forgot to edit it in history though.
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:33 pm

Oops. Embarassed You're right. Thanks Gore. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shichibukai Hunter

Shichibukai Hunter

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:57 am

I made some minor changes. She is now also a musician and has a flute, which she got from her dead friend, Wallace. Oh, and she is no longer on the side of pirates. I'm trying to widen my options of which crew she will join.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:05 am

REAPPROVED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grace Hopkins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grace Hopkins   Grace Hopkins Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grace Hopkins
Page 1 of 1