One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

One Piece Martial Arts

Go down 
+4
Gael
nikz200
Wander
Frog Dragon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

One Piece Martial Arts Empty
PostSubject: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:34 am

So, we have Rokushiki, and it's substyles, and then we have Nikz's Great Elements of Nature. It hasn't really been established how they are learned, but it appears that on this site, simple self-training can be used to discover such styles. The styles are clearly supernatural, since you do not "kick air to float". It just doesn't work without one piece logic. The styles have been established to work on awesome.
This would mean then, that in the one piece world, blatantly supernatural effects are available with no devil fruits (Haki is a good indicator as well, even if it not used on this site).
With the Great Elements of Nature being used, and consistently approved by the mods, even when the abilities break from the molds outlined by rokushiki, I would see that there could be more types of blatantly physics breaking martial arts.
I'm not sure if this is the right forum area for this, but I found nothing more suitable so..
Warriors of Blood Style
Warriors of Blood believe that in order to control the outcome of a battle, they must first control themselves fully. The warrior of blood controls every aspect of his body by pure will. Most warriors of blood don't believe in the use of weapons, thinking that their own limbs are a more powerful and more controllable way of fighting.
Moves
War in the Blood
War in the Blood is the basic technique in the warriors of blood style. It allows the user to control their blood, isolating and expelling harmful substances, becoming nearly impervious to poison and other such ailments. War in the blood allows any kind of boost, by controlling the flow of blood, bringing a more powerful strike to bear by supplying the muscles with more oxygen. Most other techniques build up on War in the Blood.
Blood Recall
A Blood Warrior's body is still theirs, even when separated. A user of this technique does not suffer from blood loss, as when the blood leaves the body, it comes back, called by the will of the Warrior of Blood. This applies to all parts of the Blood Warrior's body, and they can effectively regenerate, if the strike does not take their consciousness in seconds.
Red Division
The Blood Warrior can expel blood, and directly use it for attacks. They may create weapons and shields of blood, and instantly freeze their blood weapons. As their body becomes, in effect, an extension of their will, they need no hands to control their creations, and can cause their creations to simply float around them and move as per they wish. This control has a range of 15 meters.
Flowing Body of Blood
The Blood Warrior's whole body flows, as if it we're blood. They may move as if they had no skeleton or bones to constrain their movement, moving like an octopuses tentacles.

Here's a style I thought up. No real character thought up for this, so Admins willing, use this as you wish.
Back to top Go down
Wander

Wander

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:27 am

Well if that there is anything ive learned from the great and powerful One Piece logic is that there there are no limits and its just awesome that way lol
Wasnt Rokushiki supposed to be marine only anyways? lol, and not even a whole lot of them knew how to use it anyways
Every fightere in One piece has their own unique style of fighting, i think it would be a good idea to expand of styles.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:53 am

Great Elements of nature has been misinterpreted, it is basically the same concepts as rokushiki. In fact the creator of Great Elements of Nature in the story, based it after fighting a marine at one point..

1. As swift as wind , speed rivaling that of soru

2. Immovable as mountain, Defence rivalling that of tekkai.

3.Destroy like fire , this attack has the same effect as jyogan , but instead of punches, it involves kicks, the kicks are different ro rankyaku as they are close combat power kicks.

4.As still as water, a defensive parrying motion , meant to neutralize power attacks. However when using this technique , there is no attack available.

5.Strike like lightning, this attack is the only punch attack for Great Element of Nature users. It is a extremely powerful punch at incredible speed. Is damaging to the body, but has enough power to destroy titanium.

6. As unpredictable as Shadow, this is the most deadly of all, and the most self damaging. once activated, an aura of darkness will come over the user. Sped, power, flexibily, endurance, will all increase by 3 fold.It is very powerful and can last up to 10 posts, however, once 10 posts are up. the user will definitely pass out.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 pm

Heres another one, eh? Since I can't think of a cool english name, here's a poorly translated Japanese version and its english translation. And I know it sucks, get over it.

Keikō ga aru no washi - Prone Eagle

The users of the Prone Eagle style focus on getting their opponents prone in some way, then destroy them with a combination of kicks and punches.

Rise and Fall - Aims a sweeping kick at the joint of an opponent's leg, knocking their feet out from under them, and then follows through by raising up one's foot and bringing it down in the opponent's stomach in one swift move, smashing the opponent into the ground.

Updraft - A straight kick comes from underneath the opponent, kicking them in the jaw, in an attempt to kick them into the air.

Soar - A move similar to Geppou, the user kicks off the air, either to set up for another attack or to set up Glide.

Glide - A move similar to Soru, but only usable in conjuntion with Soar.

Dive - After using Soar to get in midair and Glide to get speed, shoots user into the opponent, either punching or kicking the solarplexus, attempting to knock the opponent's breath out.

Easy Prey - Once the opponent is on the ground, either due to Rise and Fall or Dive, the user kicks the target in the throat as a follow up, in an attempt to mess up the opponent's breathing.

Go for the Kill - User roundhouse kicks the opponent in the throat, kicks the opponent's legs out from under him, and then kicks the opponent in the back, launching them into the air. The user then uses Soar, Glide, and Dive to punch the opponent in the stomach, launching them into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:50 am

I made a martail art once... heheh
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:17 pm

1. “Kanone”(canon); A modified punch in which the user draws all of their focus and mass to the fist resulting in a punch that is as solid and powerful as a cannon ball able to cause large amounts of damage superior to that or ordinary punches, used defensively

2. “Direkte Luftkanone”(direct air canon); An advancement of (canon) in which the speed of the punch gathers a layer of concentrated air around their fist which adds to the destructive force with an explosive impact rather than blunt force used to destroy the resistance of targets

3. “Direkte Spirale Kanone” (direct spiral canon); by applying a turn to the (direct air canon) the user creates a triple helix of air currents around the arm which spiral forward drilling in to a target while applying a spin to it and launching small enough targets back with the explosive force of the compressed air

4. “shell shot“; a ranged attack in which the user launches a fist sized wave of condensed pressurized air from the speed of a punch unlike the “slashing” attack of the Ryankyaku the air wave is a “blunt” attack essentially throwing the punch forward, it is the ranged version of the (canon) and often used before the (canon) in stopping oncoming attacks, the destructive power is also on par with that of (canon)

5. “Granate” (grenade); an explosive version of the (shell shot) which manifests as a blast of concentrated air off of the punch rather than a compressed wave, usually this blast will appear to be partially illuminated and is named for its explosive sound

6. “Feuer Spirale Granate” (Flame spiral grenade); a ranged version of the (direct spiral canon) in which the user sends out the air currents with a snap of their fingers igniting the compressed air in to a spinning missile like projectile of air to engulf a target in flames while pushing it back with an impressive spinning force

7. “Automatisch” (automatic); an attack which is learned through a rigorous training of ten thousand punches a day to increase the speed of the blows until the user is able to unleash a furry of punches that are so fast that they almost appear to be multiple fists aiming to strike many times over the surface of a target blowing them away, its not as powerful as the canon but makes up for the lack of offensive power in its speed being almost impossible to completely avoid

8. “Kugel” (bullet); a ranged, blunt wave of air at the speed of (automatic), again not as powerful as the (shell shot) but roughly twenty times faster able to break though multiple targets before dissipating and even harder to avoid given its speed, the user is also able to perform more (bullet)s in succession

9. “Direkte Luft-Rakete” (direct air missile); an attack in which the user shifts all their mass and energy in an uppercut like punch which they use to literally send themselves skyward able to maneuver around in the air with impressive speed and power and change the direction of attacks in mid movement or dash at high speeds on the ground.

10. “Raketenwerfer” (rocket launcher); an advanced form of (grenade) in which the user turns their body forward sending all of their mass in to the punch resulting in a much larger blast of energy roughly the size of a human being able to blow away larger targets

11. “Maschinengewehr” (machine gun); an advanced form of (bullet) which incorporates the skills in (automatic) in which the user performs (automatic) with each punch sending out a (bullet) resulting in a very powerful attack over a very wide radius which is the hardest to evade as once one hit is successful the user is pushed in to the line of fire

12. “Mischen” (riffle); a combination of (direct air missile) and (direct spiral canon) in which the user launches themselves fist first while spinning creating a dense cone of air around their body sending themselves literally as a missile fist first to destroy targets, often used just before a close range (Flame spiral grenade) to add to the damage

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Very impressive in detail as usual Admin.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:03 am

thanks, I may or may not use that to make a rival for Manjus
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 am

Alright.... here comes the great big can of worms.
As we all know, Haki is b& here, because Oda hasn't specified what it actually does, and the abilities of a Haki user on this forum would not the specific enough.
However, what we do know is how haki has been used in the past by characters. Therefore, couldn't we make it work something like a martial art? We could outline different uses of Haki in a martial art format, therefore bypassing the thorny issue of what are the full capabilities of Haki. As for now, for our purposes, I don't think a distinction is needed for Haoshoku Haki, since for all we know at the moment, it's just better Haki. Also, I'm quite sure that the Haki precognition dodge would get banned anyway as autododging, so not going to bother putting it in here.
Haki
Not much is known about haki, except that is seems to utilize the innate willpower to certain effects outlined power.
Strength of Spirit
Haki can be used to give strength to attacks, and to make them break the natural defenses of people and objects. (Seen with Kuja pirates, Everyone who broke Logia intangibility, and possibly Garp.) This means that for example, if your opponent has the properties of steel somehow, and you use this ability, and hurt him perfectly well with a completely ordinary stick.
Overwhelming Willpower
Haki can be used to knock out or scare people, if their own willpower is not very high. Animals are very susceptible to this. It can be controlled to take out a roomful of people, or just a single person. (Seen with Shanks, Rayleigh, Luffy and probably some others I am forgetting.) This means that for example, if you are faced with a horde of mook-level pirates, you could make them all go unconscious.

Haki probably has more uses, but these are the only ones that have been clearly defined enough. The haki dodge could go in too, but I'm pretty sure it's autododging. Anyway, here it is. Again, anyone can do this, provided the admins approve it.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:29 am

no one can use this by the way, but frog did well to try and explain
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:45 am

Aww... I had hoped that by quantifying and specifying the effects, the chief problem with haki would go away.
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 8:11 am

admin sama has strictly said no haki, and until he finally announces it, no haki is the rule
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:15 pm

we dont alow haki frog
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:24 am

So much for that then.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:15 pm

I wonder what Style Luffy and Garp use O.o
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Blunt force trauma
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 3:42 am

Exactly. Zoro uses sharp force trauma.
Back to top Go down
InTents

InTents

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 6:23 pm

NOTE ;; the Japanese stuff is probably terribly translated. I used google translator.

Seishin-tekina kōkan -- Spiritual exchange (S.E.)
A martial art technique that focuses on exchanging parts of the spirit throughout the user's body. Just read the rest of the stuff, you'll understand it after a bit.

*Kyōdo 2-nin no dansei no --- Strength of two men*
This technique focuses in transferring toughness from one location of the body to another. Through both mental and physical practice, the user can channel strength through their body through sheer willpower. For example, the user could make one of their arms doubly strong and back a super punch, in exchange for the other arm being limp and having not even the strength to lift it. The exchange stays as such until the user wishes it to be brought back to normal.

*Kenkō undō --- Healthy movement*
A useful technique of spiritual exchange, this allows the user to transfer health and spirit through parts of their body, and essential heal a wound. If the user had a large cut, they could use this technique and bring the wound to a different part of their body.

*Transformation Exchange*
A technique used only by those who have completely mastered Spiritual exchange, and requires full concentration of the mind as well as years of training. Allows the user to literally bring limbs or organs from one area of the body to another, and change their form entirely. Could be used to bring eyes to the palm of one's hands, or even used to attach their arms to their feet. This technique rivals the strength of a devil fruit, in the way that the user can alter their body's shape.

*Custom S.E. techniques*
Different warriors who use this style sometimes create techniques unique to themselves, but still based off the concept of spiritual exchange.
Back to top Go down
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 8:57 am

Chicken Energy
One Piece Martial Arts Nutrientysischickenmanu
Many say that you cannot know the meaning of freedom until you've known what it is to lack it. But where there is oppression, there is always a dream. A dream for a better future, a dream for a messiah to deliver them. A dream that their wings will one day take flight, and that they shall be free.

Dreams are a powerful thing.

Those who have seen the true spirit of a dream, untainted by the complexities of human thought can truly say that they are enlightened. Freedom for all is their message, and there is only one symbol powerful enough.

To gaze into the heart of a chicken is to know true yearning for freedom, and they are willing to lend that dream for the right cause. Because whatever may happen, A MAN'S DREAMS WILL NEVER DIE!

Moves
Flight of the Rooster: Just as a dream propels a chicken's flight, so does it propel yours. The user may flap their arms like wings to stay aloft in the air.
Fowl Pride: A chicken refuses to set aside its dream, and so do you. No matter the adversity, freedom is your goal, and may no-one take that away from you. Empowering yourself with the spirit of fowlkind, you can stand up from something that would normally defeat you. However, no spirit is infinite, and this can only be done once before your wounds are healed. Stand proud chicken, your time is not over yet.
Chicken Run: In a run for freedom, chickens know that all haste is needed. Calling upon the spirit of chickens, one can achieve speed equal to soru.
Fowl Strike: Striking like a chicken's wing with the hand, it is possible call the fowl spirit to your aid again, empowering your attack.
Fowl Apparition: The ultimate technique achievable with Chicken Energy, the user manifests the dreams of chickens one can see. A giant chicken superimposes itself over the user, striking with clawed feet in concert with the user's attacks, easily allowing the user to rend steel with normal strikes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:36 am

Hmm odd...I like it...
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Reviving because of a request. As the OP stated, just post up any martial arts you feel like sharing, and add to the universal martial arts lists!
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Jankenpo - Rock-Paper-Scissors Style

Originating from Roshambo Island of the South Blue, where a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors determines pretty much everything, the Jankenpo is a fighting style that utilizes what can be considered as one of the most ancient games known to man for combat purposes. With the perfect triangle of power, that turns the game into a marvel of balance as the base of the Jankenpo, the style offers a countering option for most, if not all, of situations.

Much like the game's weapons, the moves of the Jankenpo are as absolute as a martial art can be, each with great advantages or great disadvantages in every given situation. The style itself is centered on three key moves, based around the three weapons of the game, allowing the individual practitioners to develop their own personal branches of the style with their respective skills and strengths.

Stance:

Users of Jankenpo assume a very specific stance while using this style. On Roshambo Island, where every man woman and child is taught to notice the tiniest of details to predict his opponent's weapon of choice and counter with the proper one, hiding one's moves is a crucial step to achieve victory. In order to do so, the practitioners hide their hands behind their back while facing their opponent, and move them to the front only while executing their moves, preventing the opponent from predicting their moves until it's too late. Since the legs can't be hidden, they have a very negligible role in the fighting style, leaving most of the fighting to the fighter's hands.

The Key Moves:

The moves of the Jankenpo are divided into ranks, ranging from Rank Zero to infinity, depending on the practitioners experience. Moves of same rank react with each other according to the rules of Rock-Scissors-Paper. Rank Zero includes the very basic moves with no superhuman traits placed into them, and is used by every kid in Roshambo Island: Rock being a basic punch, Scissors being a two-fingered poke or pinch and Paper being an open palm strike or block. The following ranks become more versatile and dangerous as superhuman traits appear. Ranks are not limited to including only 3 moves in them, and the names of the moves are freely given by the respective users.

Rank 1 moves for example:

Rock: An all-shattering punch, delivered with as much speed and strength the practitioner can muster. While delivering the punch, the fighter's hand becomes as sturdy and strong as a cannonball, or more in greater levels thanks to the sheer strength and speed behind the attack. Bones, weapons, walls, anything that can be broken will be broken with this technique, as long as the practitioner is skilled enough. This move counters and nullifies a Scissors play of the same rank: The sturdiness of the user's fist endures the cutting property of the Scissors chop and shatters the move.

Scissors: An X-shaped chop performed with both hands, delivered with skill and precision. Thanks to the move's precision and speed, the chop appear as nothing but a bright blur when executed by a skilled user. With this technique, the user effectively turns dull to sharp, using his forearm and hand to cut and slash as if it was a blade. This move counters and nullifies a Paper play of the same rank: The chop's cutting property allows it to cut through the wide air blast of the Paper move and reach the opponent.

Paper: A two-handed palm strike performed right in front of the, facing the opponent. The powerful palm strike produces a wide-spread blast of air that blows incoming projectiles and other attack in their track, preventing them from reaching the user. This move counters and nullifies a Rock play of the same rank: The air blast wraps around both the opponent and the incoming punch, stopping the attack and potentially blowing them away from the user.

Passive Abilities:

Sheer Luck: While inexperienced Janken players rely on luck to win their games, a true player of the game relies on much more. For the people of Roshambo island, the ability to notice the opponent's move a microsecond beforehand is crucial, and as a result, the users of the Jankenpo develop an incredible ability to react to the quickest of attacks with a fitting counter. Skilled in identifying the slightest of movements in the shortest of times, a Jankenpo user is capable of reading his opponent's moves, unless the opponent manages to disguise his moves, which is the purpose of the Jankenpo stance.

Weapons of Gesture: Thanks to the use of their own hands as weapons, the users of Jankenpo develop inhumane sturdiness, making their hands and forearms as durable as steel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Piece Martial Arts   One Piece Martial Arts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Piece Martial Arts
Page 1 of 1