One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doctor Stand Upman

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 pm

Name: Stand Upman

Bounty: None yet

Species: Human.

Allegiance: Pirate(Untouchable Pirates)

Home Village/Ocean: North Blue
Appearance: The only thing anyone ever sees of Doctor Stand Upman is his strange outfit and unnatural height. Standing at seven feet tall with a wiry build, he wears a surgical white coat, shirt, gloves and pants at all times. The coat reaches halfway below his kneecaps and the shirt is always tucked in, a navy blue belt the only thing below his neck to break up the singular shade of white other than a pair of waterproofed black boots. His face is the oddest thing to look at, although it is only the mask one sees. The odd mask is made of steel and resembles a skull which, like the Untouchable Pirate’s flag, lacks a lower jaw. Black tinted lenses cover the eye holes. Messy, white hair covers his head and seems to shoot out in any direction.

History: Little is known about Doctor Stand Upman’s past. All he has shared is that he was trained to be an absolute medical professional, and has even dabbed into assassination for a time. It was an odd day when he first met Captain “Shield” Jackson. The captain was unconscious in the middle of a city street, suffering from an infection. After caring for the pirate, Jackson explained that his devil’s fruit power kept his risk of infectious diseases from wounds somewhat high. Stand upman was enthralled to meet someone who sailed the seas freely and greatly desired to travel with the pirate. Of course, his personality only allowed him to say, “Would you have me on your ship?” Jackson was highly pleased to have a doctor on his crew and quickly accepted the odd doctor. Now a member of the Untouchable Pirates, it would stand to reason that the doctor may soon make a name for himself.

Personality: For the most part, Doctor Stand Upman is a silent character. Despite his appearance however, he is quite kind. However, he remains quite dull in a conversation, rarely furthering any talk beyond using single word sentences. In battle, he carries over his general traits but seems to move erratically. His movements are rarely predictable and he uses that to his advantage. As odd as it sounds, he never removes his mask for unknown reasons and will threaten anyone who tries to remove it. He drinks through a silly straw.

Ship: Cerulean Wake

Ship Flag: A single skull devoid of a lower jaw and having a splitting crack in the upper left rests in the center. The only further decoration on the flag is a pair of rapiers crossing the skull, blade tips facing down. The rapiers in the flag however, do not resemble the one Jackson wields.

Special Abilities: Scalpel combat
Precision: Using medical knowledge, this skill allows the user to stun the part of the body they hit with a damaging attack.

Learned Techniques (Keep it 1-25):
Soru: Able to move incredibly fast over short distances in quick bursts.
Geppou: Able to jump off of common air.
Scalpel Slider: Using a combination of unpredictability and soru, character’s attack flies at the target from a random direction.
Scalpel Volley: Using soru, throws scalpel at a target before moving behind the target to retrieve the weapon and repeat.
Scalpel Sword: As a standard attack, except the attack can cut along a length similar to that of a common katana.
Medicine A: Turns the hardness of the user’s body to that of iron. Can not use soru while active. Lasts 2 minutes. 1 hour cooldown.
Medicine B: The user’s body will shock anything touching it violently. Lasts 1 Minute. 1 hour cooldown.
Medicine C: The natural healing rate of the user amplifies. Wounds begin to heal after a few seconds. Lasts 30 seconds. 1 hour cooldown.
Overload: The user is rendered unconscious. Activates if Medicines A,B, and C are consumed within a 12 hour period.
Precision: Using medical knowledge, this skill allows the user to stun the part of the body they hit with a damaging attack.

Weapons/Items: Diamond Scalpels

Goals: Become a perfect doctor.

Last edited by Irrational on Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:46 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : character development)
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm

medicen A B and C are far to powerfull and make no sence
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:42 pm

I reduced the strength of Medicine A and reduced the duration of each.

As far as how they work, each Medicine has a special ability. The first is roughly equivalent to takkai, except it allows movement while using. It does however, make it impossible to use soru for its duration. The second medicine makes the user like an electric eel, hitting those that touch the user with an electrical pulse. More often than naught this is nonlethal. The final medicine causes wounds to heal gradually for 30 seconds. This is generally used after combat. The final medicine related skill, Overload, is used automatically if all three medicines are consumed within a 12 hour period. If this happens, the user is knocked unconscious.

I hope that explains it in more detail. This should be fairly balanced as in order to gain defense, he has to give up speed and can't have both at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:44 pm

I alredy knew what the attacks did I wanted to know HOW they did them
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:46 pm

Through the consumption of specialized medicines prepared beforehand. To emphasize this, I added a "cooldown" to each medicine.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 10:48 pm

OH.... that is more reasnable, choper's doctor had one that made hiom explaod LOL

APPROVED!!!
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:56 pm

Edited something. I had to come up with how the guy drinks in a crowded place with that mask on. The solution; SILLY STRAW!
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:55 pm

New skill: Precision
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:59 am

APPROVED!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doctor Stand Upman Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doctor Stand Upman   Doctor Stand Upman Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor Stand Upman
Page 1 of 1