One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AsyD

AsyD

Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Empty
PostSubject: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 4:58 pm

Any post or item/ability mechanics questions feel free to ask, because my ego tells me I can answer them :p
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 5:57 pm

What is the origin of Devil Fruits?
Back to top Go down
http://darkhearts.forumotion.net/forum.htm
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:00 pm

How is that the kind of question I said I'd answer?
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:02 pm

There's science in everything. It can explain anything except for how the universe was made.
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:03 pm

I repeat my question...

Go read what the original post was...
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:03 pm

key: no one knows some have theorized, jyabura believed that they contain actual devils but no real explanation has been given however there is a children's book which contains a list of all devil fruits that most everyone has growing up so they must have been researched somewhat
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Oh. I was curious, thanks admin-sama!
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:07 pm

I don't think that was actually a children's book, just a book that Sanji read while a child.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:12 pm

granted I have not the time or means to confirm that but it has been mentioned before (maybe not as a children's book) as something most everyone has read (I believe that Sanji used the words "like all children..." when brining it up) and has proved to be very accurate in its descriptions of their effects so feel free to use it in the RP (Teach may have said something about it as well) it might also be how people identify which DF are what based off of descriptions in the book (still just speculation)
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:14 pm

AsyD, you asked about the Science. It was all I could think of.
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:15 pm

Sanji was talking about the liar norland book when he said all people had read it.

The reference book was Zeff's IIRC, and Teach had also studied it.
The fruits were identifiable due to the auras around them, as referenced by Spandam when he mentioned the 2 he gave to CP9 were unknown.

I did not mention science -_-

Devil fruits are also unlikely to be related to science.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:25 pm

The title is "Any Queries on the Science of One Piece can be answered here!" or something like that. It said Science in the title.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:26 pm

hay hay now everyone okay key, Im going to post in your reb RP soon and AsyD I know you weren't asking a question but rather fielding them correct?
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Ok. Sounds good.
((all caught up on Rebecca Zelzen. Reading Apescape right now.))
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Yes, but that is not something I mentioned, merely one's that I would answer and as I said, science is not likely to have anything to do with the fruits. Therefore that question is not the sort to be answered in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:33 pm

they do fall in the category of "magic" don't they.... so would the Rokushiki (no one is hat strong/fast in the REAL world)
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:35 pm

No not magic, at least for the skills.

It's a suspension of disbelief.

They are just pushing the limits of the body.
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Well, the ryankaku and shign for the most part are realistic in some sense.
Ryankaku cut the air with a strong and fast kick, which isn't too far-fetched, air currents exist and can be condensed.
Shigan is jabbing a finger with the speed and strength of a bullet. It's still just a finger.
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Geppou is the hardest stretch, but stored muscle spasms could be a solution.
Back to top Go down
Irrational
Admin
Irrational

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Here's a question.

Why can Sanji catch his leg on fire yet it doesn't hurt him?
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 pm

The wonders of long pants and...shoes, shoes, shoes.
Back to top Go down
Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy

PostSubject: Ask away! The inquiries and science or something....   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 11:52 pm

About Rokushiki.... Saying it is realistic as it is just pushing limits is foolish... Shigan is totally not possible in real life (guys like bruce lee punched in less then a second [which is great] and wouldn't cause external bleeding all the time.) also, the air current theory is a failure because some of the strongest fighters in the real world (heavy-weight boxers) would only give you a mild breeze from the force of their punches...
Back to top Go down
AsyD

AsyD

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:30 am

Read the thread before posting -_-

We aren't saying it's possible. We're saying it's understandable.

The Sanji thing is because he burns hotter himself.

From Oda himself Razz
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:18 pm

like the time he was literally on fire (I like to think that wasn't just for dramatic effect when he was mad at Absolom)
Back to top Go down
keymaster

keymaster

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 5:09 pm

AsyD wrote:

The Sanji thing is because he burns hotter himself.

From Oda himself Razz
No, it's just sanji is hot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!   Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ask away - Any queries over the science of One Piece can be asked here!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next