One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advanced role-play suggestions.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kai

Kai

Advanced role-play suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 1:54 am

I'd like to run a few ideas by the staff:

1. Concerning Character Traveling & Progression.

While this isn't an original idea, for I've seen it on a few other one piece forums. I think it will enhance the advanced role-play section.

*Role-play location categories an sub-forums.

Examples being: North Blue, East Blue, South Blue, and West Blue. We could make these starting areas, and after a certain amount of experience is gained, characters may progress to the Grandline. The islands of said blue's can be posted in that category with a description, for the users to role-play on. This will give a feel of authenticity, as like the straw-hats, it would take time and many good adventures to get the destination.

There would be no flip-flopping between blues either.
Advanced role-play suggestions. 66ac339a
As you can see from the cut-out from the One Piece manga, blue's are divided by the Grandline and the Redline.

Though it wouldn't just stop at the Blues, no. While all the Grandline routes islands are not known, the staff and users can make use of the Island Creation, filling out the blank islands. Please look to the cut-out below for the super-nova's routes, at the nameless islands I speak of.
Advanced role-play suggestions. 6f99d7cd

An just like the blue's the Grandline would have it's own sub-forum, with listed routes and islands in those routes. Including the straw-hats own route.

This would mean, a topic would have to be made on each island as characters go along about their adventure. I know some will be hesitant towards this, but this is the advanced role-play. For the real role-players!

Moderators could be appointed to read each adventure, awarding stat percents and even special awards for a high-quality story. This way proper bounty's and beli can be awarded to characters. Moderaters could even enter in the story with powerful npcs, such as Shichibukai or admirals.

2. Important Npcs! Shichibukai, Admirals, and Yonkou!

It is my firm belief that the higher-ups should be made into npcs! Let me give a few reasons:

1. For the Pirates, this would give them a new element. Shichibukai to fight against, but not right away of course. Once your bounty reaches a certain rank, your name will be known in the world. Chance encounters do happen. As shown by the straw-hat crew, whom encountered many a shichubukai. From looking at the regular role-play section, I haven't seen really much going on, action I tell you, action! Once a certain threat level is attained, characters could even be permitted to join the Shichubukai, with the world governments approval and the staffs, of course.

Also the Yonkou, when characters reach the new world, and eventually they will. We'll want to rage against the Yonkou and maybe even become one, right? Npcs should be put into place for this. Controlled only by capable staff members.

2. Marines!

While low level marines don't seem to have much to do, besides run around the barracks and get ordered to clean up, or cook something! Captain-class npc's can be appointed to lead the young marines, until their capable of leading their own crew, with the rank of captain-- rather some-short of officer title.

Admirals should also be controlled as npcs, as they are the real power of the marines! Setting up bases on different islands, recruiting troops, and versed well in marine strategy.

3. Character Deaths.

A sad thing, true, but something everyone must face. As in the advanced, much like in life character/people's deaths must happen. Even your favorite character will die, eventually. Faced against a character with stats much higher than yours, and yet you still survive, somehow? No... Doesn't seem right. This is all to enhance, I remind you. Some crews out there will actually be evil, amazing right? Some will want to do harm, and characters have a right to die.

You've heard my proposals, please don't take them lightly.
Back to top Go down
Layman Iconoclast
Admin
Layman Iconoclast

PostSubject: Re: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 am

huh... no ones ever actually thought this hard about this stuff... Im impressed, what do the rest of you think?
Back to top Go down
https://theonepiecerp.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 3:23 am

I like the concept of the beginning Blues being unique starting areas, but I think there's a pretty big risk to the routes (it ends up isolating users from eachother) on the grandline. If we established a system of changing routes, or kept the routes to a minimal level, it could work.
The high-tier figures being NPCs makes sense, but it would be a good principle to allow PCs to replace them eventually.
The death feature is hard to agree with, especially with several high-powered NPCs being controlled by whoever (even if they're controlled by admins or mods, they can still be dicks to users to). Forced death is much like hardcore mode in a videogame, but unlike in a videogame, this hardcore mode offers features the standard doesn't.
Please forgive me if I'm rambling.
Back to top Go down
Rodoku
Admin
Rodoku

PostSubject: Re: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 11:44 am

I am, indeed, impressed by such detail and thought put into this. I agree with the idea of the experience needed to eter the Grandline, and that the same should be applied to enter the New World. Although, I agree with Jimmy when he says that the different routes may cause isolation, so maybe we should leave the routes irregular.

About the NPCs, I agree as well. Having high tier NPCs should contribute to the balance of the world, wouldn't it? And about the deaths... Well, if your character is such a low level, I think that your character just shouldn't be able to fight characters of a level that is to high.

In other words, I propose something like a level division. Something like fighting groups: Levels 1-10, 11-15, 16-20, 21-30, etc. We should find something fair and I think this should vary if it's 2 vs 1 or if your lvl 10 character is assisting lvl 22 against a lvl 31 or something. I dont know yet, I think it needs discussion. (So it's kind of an "anti-bullying" system)
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 2:47 pm

All of this looks and sounds good on paper. Okay, separating the blues, maybe forcing people to start in a blue. Well there are pirates that form and start their adventure in the Grandline. Also with the small number of users on this part of the forum, it could be five maybe more threads before you could actually meet another crew. So separating the blues is fine, but not allowing switching will isolate the crews. This kind of isolation could cause a level of boredom that may discourage use of this area.

Npcs are all fine and dandy, but when we can barely hold a mod presence in the main section, how are we going to get them that involved in this? It's the same principle for reading over the threads. As it is, it seems that a new mod or two is named every year just to keep up with the ones that go inactive. I don't know how it is on other sites, but I think it's a good idea for the administration to know and trust the people they make staff. If they don't you come back one day and all of your forums are gone.

I disagree with Rodo's idea, probably the most out of all of the ideas that have been suggested. This would destroy any chance of a sensei and pupil situations. Also to bring up a previous point, we just don't have the numbers in this section to do that. Crews are probably going to be taking whatever they can get, even if that is a low level character, especially once we start getting bigger crews.

As I see it now, this section is still in its testing faze, so we need to experience these potential problems before we can determine whether or not the fix is worse than the original problem. So the only thing I can see out of all these ideas that wouldn't make a huge impact, and have a potentially negative side effect would be creating a different section for each blue.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

PostSubject: Re: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:08 pm

Kai wrote:
I'd like to run a few ideas by the staff:

1. Concerning Character Traveling & Progression.

While this isn't an original idea, for I've seen it on a few other one piece forums. I think it will enhance the advanced role-play section.

*Role-play location categories an sub-forums.

Examples being: North Blue, East Blue, South Blue, and West Blue. We could make these starting areas, and after a certain amount of experience is gained, characters may progress to the Grandline. The islands of said blue's can be posted in that category with a description, for the users to role-play on. This will give a feel of authenticity, as like the straw-hats, it would take time and many good adventures to get the destination.

There would be no flip-flopping between blues either.
Advanced role-play suggestions. 66ac339a
As you can see from the cut-out from the One Piece manga, blue's are divided by the Grandline and the Redline.

Though it wouldn't just stop at the Blues, no. While all the Grandline routes islands are not known, the staff and users can make use of the Island Creation, filling out the blank islands. Please look to the cut-out below for the super-nova's routes, at the nameless islands I speak of.
Advanced role-play suggestions. 6f99d7cd

An just like the blue's the Grandline would have it's own sub-forum, with listed routes and islands in those routes. Including the straw-hats own route.

This would mean, a topic would have to be made on each island as characters go along about their adventure. I know some will be hesitant towards this, but this is the advanced role-play. For the real role-players!

Moderators could be appointed to read each adventure, awarding stat percents and even special awards for a high-quality story. This way proper bounty's and beli can be awarded to characters. Moderaters could even enter in the story with powerful npcs, such as Shichibukai or admirals.

2. Important Npcs! Shichibukai, Admirals, and Yonkou!

It is my firm belief that the higher-ups should be made into npcs! Let me give a few reasons:

1. For the Pirates, this would give them a new element. Shichibukai to fight against, but not right away of course. Once your bounty reaches a certain rank, your name will be known in the world. Chance encounters do happen. As shown by the straw-hat crew, whom encountered many a shichubukai. From looking at the regular role-play section, I haven't seen really much going on, action I tell you, action! Once a certain threat level is attained, characters could even be permitted to join the Shichubukai, with the world governments approval and the staffs, of course.

Also the Yonkou, when characters reach the new world, and eventually they will. We'll want to rage against the Yonkou and maybe even become one, right? Npcs should be put into place for this. Controlled only by capable staff members.

2. Marines!

While low level marines don't seem to have much to do, besides run around the barracks and get ordered to clean up, or cook something! Captain-class npc's can be appointed to lead the young marines, until their capable of leading their own crew, with the rank of captain-- rather some-short of officer title.

Admirals should also be controlled as npcs, as they are the real power of the marines! Setting up bases on different islands, recruiting troops, and versed well in marine strategy.

3. Character Deaths.

A sad thing, true, but something everyone must face. As in the advanced, much like in life character/people's deaths must happen. Even your favorite character will die, eventually. Faced against a character with stats much higher than yours, and yet you still survive, somehow? No... Doesn't seem right. This is all to enhance, I remind you. Some crews out there will actually be evil, amazing right? Some will want to do harm, and characters have a right to die.

You've heard my proposals, please don't take them lightly.

It's funny, most of these ideas are pretty much implented in the as at the moment. The only thing we really shouldn't do is split the oceans into sepetate forums. We don't have the users to do something like tha, thus it would make the forum look even mroe inactive.
Back to top Go down
Aidoneus
Admin
Aidoneus

PostSubject: Re: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:45 pm

I thought most of it was just common sense. I thought most of it was inherent and I've only been to two one piece sites for role play or any extensive system reading. Btw Cob, he never said split into forums. He said sub-forums. You know, like it already is now? But since this is my first reply, I suppose I'll comment like you did before...

Seperating the blues is fine, but only because realism. Marines can switch blues because of marine advantages. Marines can get passage just by switching bases through a transfer. Pirates have to stay in their blue unless they get to another one through the grand line or some other type of special passage. And I'm pretty sure that is how it already is anyway.

NPCs: I have been saying we need npcs since before I was a mod, let alone an admin, and as the staff know already, I have been working on plots and npcs for them a lot already.

As for death, duh. nothing better can be said but duh. People WILL DIE. It happens. But that doesn't mean it has to either. It just depends. For instance, Aokiji vs Luffy. Luffy didn't die, now did he? So keep that in mind.

As for rodo's idea, nah. I understand why and I understand that a lot of video games function like that so you have a shot at victory, but who says all sides have to have a shot at victory? So many fights in canon would never have happened if that was implemented. Examples? I'll be quick and simple and let the fights explain themselves. Zoro vs Mihawk. Luffy vs Crocodile. Nami vs Spike Lady I can't remember. Luffy vs Enel. Luffy vs Aokiji. Usopp vs Luffy. Straw Hats vs Moria (or whatever that fat shadow bitch's name is). Straw Hats vs Kuma. Supernovas vs Kizaru. Luffy vs Magellan. Whitebeard War in its entirity. I think I covered about half of the good examples, maybe more given the last one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advanced role-play suggestions.   Advanced role-play suggestions. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advanced role-play suggestions.
Page 1 of 1