One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CBox Suggestion

Go down 
+3
Iggy
nikz200
Newspeak
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Newspeak

Newspeak

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 pm

I've noticed that while you dudes have a cBox here, it's essentially a graveyard. I think you should look into updating your cBox.

An active cBox builds a sense of comradre and unity amongst the members. It gives people something to idly do between posts. It also has this way of making the community feel more 'alive' at any given time.

Best of all, small, line-by-line chats can play out in real time, preventing some forum spam. I've found Chatango works very well for the purposes of a forum.

Give it a try; you may find it a good fit.
Back to top Go down
http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/
nikz200

nikz200

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:34 pm

i think this is actually a good idea, we can talk quite fluently with chatango, but its the admins call, i vouch for this idea though.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:54 pm

We can try it out and see how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I ran the idea past Admin-sama, he said he did not like Chatango, so instead I moved the Chat box to the top of the screen. Now it's like the first thing you see when you go to the homepage so it should get more attention.
Back to top Go down
Smith Corona

Smith Corona

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 pm

This is pretty minor so I'll post it here rather than making a new thread.

Would it be possible to disable the auto timeout in the chatbox? Automatically being set to away is fine, but it seems like everyone agrees that having to sign back in every ten minutes if you don't say something is just annoying.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Oh dear, you've got a point. I'll ask A-sama if he could do it, as I don't know how to do it myself.
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 5:28 pm

I agree that the timeout gets really annoying and then you have to spam dots or what ever to just stay on.
Back to top Go down
Smith Corona

Smith Corona

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:21 am

Unfortunately, it probably isn't possible, or at least not practical. I've noticed that the Cbox doesn't log you out if you leave the site, even if you close your browser. You either have to log out manually or wait for the timeout.

I really think that switching to Chatango or a similar service would be a good idea. I like that this Cbox is tied to the forum accounts, but it has no advantages beyond that, while Chatango, in addition to intelligently handling log in/out, has optional new message notifications and support for private chat.
Back to top Go down
Gael
Admin
Gael

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm

Ugh, do NOT like Chatango. I'll fight against that as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
Smith Corona

Smith Corona

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Why? I'm not a huge fan of it either but I'd say it's objectively better than what we have now.
Back to top Go down
TheBlackLuffy

TheBlackLuffy

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm

Chatango fails..Imo..

I personally like Xat more...we can change or pictures and what not easier..
with out making an account..also you can ban people..

But aside from that..I like the cbox how it is..the timeout really isn't that annoying to me..I'm up for switching if its not Chatango..because it fails so hard that Chuck Norris spit on it and it still fails..
Back to top Go down
Smith Corona

Smith Corona

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:19 pm

I'm perfectly fine with anything that fixes the issues I have with the current Cbox, but I don't see any huge problems with Chatango. (You can ban people from Chatango. Bans are easy to dodge, but that's true for almost anything.) A lot of people seem to be entirely opposed to it, and I'm curious as to why.
Back to top Go down
Iggy
Admin
Iggy

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:46 pm

You can ban people from the current chatbox. (If you're an Admin)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CBox Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBox Suggestion   CBox Suggestion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CBox Suggestion
Page 1 of 1