One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please) Empty
PostSubject: Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please)   Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm

Black scenario, surrounded by roses,
Blue sky, full of stars
Somehow it’s beautiful yet I’m lonely
I’m with people,
I’m in love,
Yet I don’t feel at home,
This is the world, this is lovely,
I’m here and it’s never going to be gone.

What would you do if one day someone knocks on your door, and when you go to answer it you find out to be transported to a weird unknown world for an unknown reason? That is exactly what happened to Iris, and apparently she wasn’t the only one. She’s here, and so are another 14 teenagers, she doesn’t know what their purpose is; she doesn’t know who they are. But all she knows is that they have to survive, and believe me, they will.

Prologue

And Lord, it's a lonely road. When this world burns down deep in your soul. You will find there's peace left in mind. You will find there's peace to find, peace to find. Some people are unkind to those who see things different. We've all felt pain in ways it hurts to even bring it up, but that don't mean that we should take this motion lying down. I'll stand and fight until the day they put me in the ground” Iris sang along to The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus’ song, Lonely Road. She just loved that song. Once it had finished, and she was exhausted from trying to dance to the song, which was obviously not made for that, she fell on her bed, panting. She had never imagined that dancing and singing at the same time would be so exhausting, tiring and kind of annoying, she got the lyrics mixed up and almost ended killing herself several times by tripping with things.

Somehow, Iris was glad that she was alone that evening, if not her parents or siblings would’ve annoyed her by saying that she sang horribly, which she didn’t, or things like that. But she was also out of things to do, she had read books, got bored; read magazines, got extra bored; sang and danced, almost died from exhaustion; and now she had no idea of what to do. Ending up deciding that she would make something to eat, Iris went to her kitchen, making a quick sandwich, peanut butter and jam, the classic. “Onnomnomnom” she mumbled as she prepared it, but soon was interrupted by the sound of the doorbell.

Iris looked up from staring at her soon to be sandwich, or so she hoped, and started walking towards the door. She wondered who might’ve been the person, or people, knocking, as she wasn’t used to get visitors when her parents weren’t here, and her friends would tell her before coming over. She stopped right in front of the door and opened it slightly. “Um, hello?” she asked as she was opening it, seeing from the small gap that she had created she found two children, or they were small like children; their faces were hidden by dark cloaks.
The figures suddenly pushed the door and she staggered backwards, falling on her butt. “We’ve come for you, Iris, nous sommes votre cabarosses” they said, but the last part didn’t make sense for Iris, she had only taken 5 years of French yet she didn’t understand what ‘cabarosse’ meant.

She stared at them for a while, still creeped out by their strength and the fact that she wasn’t able to see their faces. “Uh..? What does cabarosse mean?” she asked but she was awarded by a hysterical laugh, she didn’t know where it came from but soon enough she found herself surrounded by darkness.

You’ve come too far to get back, Iris” a voice said, followed by chuckles of multiple voices.

You’re just like the rest, Iris” another voice said, Iris was confused, what did they mean?

Never coming back home, Iris. You’re leaving and it’s too late to go back” that was the first voice speaking once again, the chuckles became louder, she wasn’t able to think straight.

I’ve been waiting for you, Iris” the voice was deeper, more evil sounding; Iris had to suppress a shudder that was making its way to her back. “Come here, Iris” the voice repeated, but Iris didn’t even know where ‘here’ was, and she doubted that even if she knew, she would oblige. “So you’re not going to follow my orders? I see, well lets show you a lesson and make you face how hard life is for those like you” the voice said, now it was full of hatred, a deep emotion that made Iris wonder if not obeying its order was the only reason behind it.

Then everything was gone, and soon she was falling.

Falling to a world where the impossible became possible.

And apparently, she wasn’t the only one there.

Last edited by Lost on Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Chapter 1: The Strange Forest and the field of Roses   Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please) Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Chapter 1

Once Iris opened her eyes, she found herself in a strange place, there were plants growing wildly, the trees were high and their branches and leaves hid her from what possibly was the sun above them, but she wasn’t sure; it was so dark that maybe it was night time. She started walking, the flowers that were on the ground were so weird, they didn’t look like any flower she had ever seen back at home, not even on the internet, they looked… foreign, maybe in border of extinction? She turned her head when she heard a branch breaking, someone or something was out there, and maybe was going for her. “Who’s there?!” she yelled almost in shock, she didn’t know where she was so it was only comprehensible that she was paranoid.

There was a short chuckle, obviously belonging to a boy, she could tell by the deep tone of his voice. “Don’t worry, I’m not dangerous. I won’t hurt you” the voice said trying to comfort her, she noticed that the voice had a weird accent, possibly French or German, maybe Dutch. Iris let out the breath she hadn’t noticed she was holding in. There was a rustle and a boy appeared in front of her. To say he was handsome was an understatement, he was tall, around 1.80 meters tall, pale skin, his eyes were cold blue, they looked endless; he had short brown hair that went in all the possible ways. “Hello” the guy said with a kind smile.

Iris tried to smile back but couldn’t make herself do it. “I’m sorry but I don’t know where I am, could you please tell me?” she said, she couldn’t waste time, she had to go back home. What if her parents got back while she was here and be worried about her? What about her siblings? She didn’t want them to be sad or think that she was dead or something like that. It’d be horrible, and it was definitively the last thing Iris would want them to be, sad and worried.

The guy sighed, of course she’d want to know that, after all no one feels like making friends after waking up in a strange world. They’d be too weird if they did. “It’s hard to explain, and I’m probably not the appropriate person to do it. Anyway, I’m Pyry Van Den Berg. Nice to meet you” he said as he extended his hand, trying to get Iris to shake it.

Iris nodded and shook hands with Pyry. “Nice to meet you too, Pyry. My name is Iris Cermak” she said with a smile this time. “If you’re not the one appropriate for telling me where I am, could you please tell me where this person is so I can ask them?” she asked tilting her head slightly to the side, she did this when she tried to get something to go her way. She wondered how this person was; she was talking about Pyry of course; because he seemed like a nice person. She also wondered where they were, and why they were here.

Pyry just nodded and started walking, giving for a fact that Iris would follow him, thing she proceeded to do. They walked through the forest; Iris was starting to think that this was all a dream, even if it seemed so real for being one; the leaves of the trees had weird shapes, some were heart shaped, others were diamond shaped, it all looked like a world from Alice in Wonderland, yet they needed the Cheshire cat to make it complete, or maybe the Mad Hatter would appear out of the nowhere? To this point Iris was ready to expect the unexpected. “Follow me” he added while he started turning left, increasing his pace. “Don’t look back even if you hear something, no matter what you hear or who you hear, just don’t look back” he said with a worried tone. Things were going to start appearing and the last thing he wanted was for her to be sent to him.

Iris wanted to stop but she was afraid, what was he talking about? “Uh? What do you mean, Pyry?” she asked but he didn’t answer, he just kept walking, faster and faster as they approached to a more dense part of the forest. She was almost panicking by the time she first heard it. It was her sister. The scream was horrible, it was painful. What was Iris’ sister doing there? Iris felt the need to look back, to ask her sister what was wrong but once she was beginning to slow down her pace, Pyry took her hand and pulled her up in his arms, running now.

Don’t even look back! I told you, that thing is not what you think it is. It’s a monster” he muttered through his teeth, he was mad and it was obvious, he had almost lost her. “It’s hard to explain everything right now so please believe in me Iris, and close your eyes. We’ll be safe soon” he said and then started running even faster.

Iris decided to believe in him, for some reason she felt like she had to. That scream had belonged to her sister’s voice but she knew that she would never do that, she’d never scream that way. That scream, the pitch; wasn’t human. She closed her eyes and calmed her heart, which was pounding against her chest, threatening to get out at any time. She didn’t pay attention to the scream anymore, instead she focused on Pyry’s unsteady breathing, the way his heart was pounding against his chest the same way hers was, the way his skin was warm and it was welcoming her. The way his arms took hold of her tightly but at the same time with such delicacy that it looked like he was afraid of breaking her by holding her the wrong way. The sound of the rustling leaves, the birds that she had not noticed before, everything sounded perfect, once she was deprived of her sight her hearing got one hundred times better. It was amazing, she could almost picture the scene in her mind, yet the scream was becoming louder as the time passed by, and she was becoming more scared. “Pyry it’s coming nearer” Iris mumbled as she continued to stay with her eyes closed, she didn’t want to disobey him.

He hold her tighter, frightened that she’d jump and run towards the unknown creature. “Don’t worry, we’re almost there” he whispered trying to comfort her. They were so close, but the monster was close to them as well, they almost didn’t make it, but Pyry suddenly got the strength to run even faster, jumping across a hole in the ground and landing gracefully in the other side. “We’re safe now, those creatures can’t jump to save their lives” he commented as he let Iris on her feet.

Iris opened her eyes and smiled slightly. “Now take me to the person you were talking about” she said but then added “please, Pyry” to not sound bossy. She looked around and noticed they weren’t in the forest anymore, instead they were in a field full of roses, it was truly beautiful and she hadn’t expected to see something like this here. Was it a mere dream like she thought? It all felt too real. And the roses were blue, the sky was full of stars, the moon was full. “Where are we….” She mumbled under her breath, she couldn’t help but wonder where this place was, because in the Earth she knows, there are no blue roses, at least no natural blue roses.

Pyry nodded and took hold of her hand, guiding her through the roses. “I will, don’t worry. And soon you’ll understand where we are and why we’re here” he said with a smile on his face, but it was a sad one. Iris could see the sorrow in his eyes, those blue eyes that were the doors to his soul; she could see that they were seeking solace, someone to be with, and someone that could understand him. She wondered why the person who was going to explain everything to her couldn’t give him what he needed.

Iris nodded and stayed quiet, she didn’t know what else to say, obviously chitchat wasn’t an option as they were in a, possibly, dangerous situation. So she instead busied herself in looking at the roses, she even stopped to pick one before continuing to follow Pyry through the field. Soon enough they were in the middle of the field, the moon, which was scarily on top of them, was illuminating all, letting Iris finally see how incredibly handsome Pyry truly was. He stopped walking in front of a door that seemed on be in the ground. “We’re here” he said as he kneeled to open the door. The door opened and revealed stairs, soon they were going down those stairs, Pyry closing the door after Iris passed. “Everyone is nice so you’ll feel at home. Also Valtteri will explain you everything” he said while passing to be in front of Iris, so that he’d guide her. They continued going down for a minute or so, until finally the stairs finished. They ended in a big room, she noticed it was full of teenagers who stopped doing their stuff to stare at her.

Who’s this person?” A guy asked, walking towards them. He was tall, tanned skin, beautiful brown eyes and curly brown hair. He smiled at Iris although he refused to look at Pyry, for some weird reason that Iris couldn’t understand. “I’m Maxim, by the way” he added while extending his hand towards Iris, she mentally noted that they were all really polite, shaking hands and everything.

Pyry scowled and nodded. “He is indeed Maxim. And she’s Iris, she was sent by the Carabosse, once again they mess with people. I don’t know why they sent her though, maybe so that we’re 15 again. After you know who was kidnapped…” Pyry commented while turning to leave. “Anyway, Iris, I’m going to look for some people you might want to meet, I’ll be back later. Maxim, take her to Valtteri” he added as he left.
Maxim smiled once again. “Sure thing. Hey Iris, nice to meet you” he said and then turned to the left. “Valtteri!!!!!” he yelled trying to get the attention of said guy, who was currently eating something and talking to people. He didn’t even look in Maxim’s way. “DUDE COME HERE” he screamed again, this time Valtteri sighed and stood up, walking towards them. Valtteri was tall, slender and definitively a handsome guy. His skin was pale, his eyes were green, the most beautiful emerald eyes Iris had ever seen, and his hair was black and wavy.

What is it, Maxi, that you can’t solve without asking my awesome self for help?” Valtteri asked tilting his head slightly, when his eyes rested on Iris he scowled. “Oh fuck no, another female and their germs? Ugh” he mumbled as he massaged his temples.

Iris was kind of confused on why Valtteri was acting this way, as he had seemed like a nice person at first; but now seemed like an egocentric prick. “I’m Iris. And I should tell you that you have germs as well, like any other thing in this world” she said slightly irritated that Valtteri was like this. “And Pyry told me that you’d be the one explaining everything to me, as I have no idea where the hell I am and how to get home” she added and smiled at Maxim, ignoring Valtteri for the time being.

Maxim smiled a little but shook his head. “Get along with him, Iris. He’s the leader of this place. And he is the one who’s going to explain everything to you” he said and then turned to leave. “I’ll bring some people for you to meet later, when you’re done talking with Valtteri and the people Pyry wants you to meet. I’m pretty sure they’re other people I probably don’t get along with. Or maybe I do. Who knows” and with that he left, he went to talk with a blonde girl who was playing darts.

Valtteri sighed. “I guess I am indeed the leader here, and it’s good to see that you stand up for yourself, instead of asking for others to defend you” he said smiling slightly. “Come, let’s explain you everything” he said and put his hand on Iris’ shoulder, guiding her to sit down in a couch nearby. Iris followed, trying to think about what he was going to say next. Once they were both sitting on the couch, Valtteri started his tale.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Chapter 2: Valtteri's Tale   Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Chapter 2

Well, you see Iris, everything started quite suddenly for everyone. As you must have noticed, the... things that transport us to here are called cabarosse, they're evil fairy godmothers who do anything that they want and are, like their name, evil. They follow the orders of this devil... but I'll explain everything to you later, first, listen to what happened to me.

I still remember the day I was transported here quite clearly, it had been a rainy day. I lived alone so there was no one in my apartment, not even my friends who usually hung there. I was watching tv, staring at the screen without really paying attention. I don't know what was it about the day, but it just felt wrong, everything felt wrong. I felt... powerless, like I knew something bad was going to happen, but I wasn't sure what was. I had always been able to foresight bad stuff, only bad things. But that day it felt stronger, nothing went right for me, I tried to make something, it burn, I tried to wash my face and the water was gone. It just felt... horrible. It wasn't bad luck, of course it wasn't. But it was just getting to my nerves, I was kind of annoyed at everything that was happening to me and wished I could do something about it. But I couldn't.

So like I was saying, I was watching the tv motionlessly. Then suddenly I heard a rock crashing against the window, making it fall to the floor smashing into little pieces. I cursed out loud, wondering who the stupid person that had destroyed my window was and being sure that I would beat him up when I got him. So I walked towards the window but in the midway something entered. It was small, wearing a black cloak, and just the presence of it made me shiver. I didn't know what it was about, but the aura... the feeling it gave off, was horrible. And in the blink of an eye there were 5 of those.

I started backing away from them, but then one of them was behind me. It made a taunting sound. "No no no no, you're not supposed to run away" it said, I felt my skin get cold, so cool, like if the mere sound of its voice made it be like that. "My, Valtteri, are you scared?" another voice said, it then laughed tauntingly, I shook my head slightly and gulped down the knot that had formed in my throat. "N-No, you're wrong" I had cursed myself for stuttering in the beginning, but after that it wouldn't have been my only worry, and definitively not the most important one.

The things laughed again and one touched my shoulder. Its hand was wrinkled, more than a normal person's should be, and it was pale green, like the ones from witches and so, or so said tales and things like that. I couldn't believe myself, I felt.. stuck, I couldn't move, I didn't even know if I could say something anymore. "You're handsomer when you're quiet" it said, and I felt disgusted, like if I was about to throw up on it. "You're perfect for our little game, Valtteri" the first voice said and then it was black, everything was black.

I don't know how much time passed before I had the courage to speak again. "Where am I?!" I screamed while I was trying to convince myself that I wasn't scared. Of course I wasn't, the shaking of my hands meant nothing. I had also noticed that my voice came out strained, it sounded like a lost child, I guess I truly was one.

Then the voices started again, I could recognize them from the ones in my room. I wondered if I was still in my room. I tried to move but I couldn't find myself being able to. "You've come too far, Valtteri" one of the voices said, but it was followed immediately by another voice. "There's no turning back now, boy" the voice said. I was shaking, I was scared. I felt like a child, being manipulated by absurd fears, although these weren't absurd, these were the real deal.

Then there was another voice, a deeper one... and I knew that was it. "Come with me, Valtteri. I know you can do it, you've got what it takes" it said, but I couldn't move, not that I wanted to honestly, I was terrified. "Oh, so you're not going to listen to what I say? Then I hope you'll rot in hell" and then it was gone, and I was falling.

I don't quite remember what happened when I landed, if it hurt or anything. Maybe the trauma was too much for me, so I just forgot. But when I recovered my consciousness, I shot right back up, and stared at everything surrounding me. It was dark, like in the world I belonged to. I woke up in the jungle, not quite aware of anything that was happening, and the first thing I did when I heard the cry of my father, saying that I had to wait for him, and that he loved me; I ran.

I ran with my heart, soul and every energy I had left. I didn't know where I was heading to, I ignored the memories rushing through me, I just ran, feeling the air against my skin, trying to block all sounds of the thing that impersonated my father badly, the inhuman cries it made. I just ignored it all. I just felt nothing, and everything at the same time. I felt the slight wetness of the air, how it had been probably raining the day before, I didn't care about anything else, and when there was a giant hole in the ground, I jumped, barely landing in the other side.

I groaned as I fell, rolling through the ground and getting my clothes dirty. I stood up though, because I couldn't stop now, I knew I couldn't. I continued running, looking at the beautiful field of roses and suddenly I heard the creature give a cry. I didn't know what to do, but it stopped, and I couldn't hear it anymore. Feeling safe, for the first time since I was in this world, I sit down in the middle of the field, staring at the moon. And then I felt asleep.

Many things happened after that, but those are stories for another day, Iris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please)   Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shattered Dreams (No Comments in the thread, please)
Page 1 of 1