One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frog Dragon

Frog Dragon

List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST) Empty
PostSubject: List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST)   List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Preface (Read this you mutated chickens. Yes, you. ESPECIALLY you!)
My, and hopefully anyone else's intent is not to attack the staff, that is, the administrators and moderators of this site. For the most part, this site is great. But no one ever complains about things going right. No one ever goes out to say "Everything is wonderful!", except maybe in some tacky children's shows.

But there are problems here, and I hope to bring them out to light for an honest discussion, where they will be heard, and the opinions of all who care to answer will be listened to. I know this is a privately owned site, not a democracy, but the best ideas often come from those who have hands on experience dealing with the current situation. Thus, while the staff here is free to discard ideas and complaints, I do recommend giving them an honest hearing, for they may prove to be surprisingly insightful.

The following will also raise issues that were previously discarded, mostly because I, and some others believe that they do not need to be discarded. I encourage users of the site to respond in a civil and thought out manner. The aim of this is to mold a better and more attractive site, where the userbase enjoys themselves more.

The following also includes stuff that I may not specifically agree on, or am conflicted about, which is precisely why I'm posting this as a public thread. These aren't simple issues, and require a community's input.

Now, onto the list itself.

The List
  • Lack of universal standards.
    This is one I believe most of us can agree on. Different moderators have different standards on what they will accept in an application. This leads to people reading random sheets accepted on low standards, then getting their sheet stuck on a more demanding mod, and then crying because other sheets got away with less, because they were dealt with by a less strict moderator. This may result in trying to undermine the stricter mod's authority, plain ragequit, or ragequit after their attempt to undermine a moderator hits the rocks. Either way, it creates discrepancy, repeated arguments on the same stupid crap, and users quitting. None of this is needed.
  • Lack of restrictions.
    This is another conflicting item. Basically, a user that joins today could make a character with power worthy of an admiral, with a legendary level sword, and it would be completely within the rules. And it'd be approved. It has been suggested that some restrictions should be placed, especially on newer players, to discourage people getting uberpower off the bat. Of course, few people actually do this, it would be difficult to define "worthiness" for the high tier characters and such. I'd be inclined to think this'd be more trouble than it'd be worth, though I'm not an authority here. Maybe the highest tier swords could use regulation, but again, anyone's guess.
  • Lack of writing standards within the community itself.
    This is actually more of a problem some people have with the general community. Some threads here lack detail, and basic writing standards. They just aren't fun to read. I don't know what could be done to this on a staff level, but I personally would recommend that people examine their writing to improve as writers and RP:ers. As is, some of us avoid RP:ing with those perceived to write poorly, effectively dividing the site into two groups, who RP among themselves. Not very good.

Last edited by Frog Dragon on Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
BLiIx

BLiIx

PostSubject: Re: List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST)   List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Nice and smart ideas.... we can use this on this wonderfull site... Smile
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

PostSubject: Re: List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST)   List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 2:50 pm

First off, you put this whole thing quite nicely, instead of just complaining brainlessly, for which I want to thank you in advance.
We (the staff) are just now discussing the first two things, after the whole thing about Maxulus leaving, we felt something had to be done about such things. We're looking for ideas right now, and will continue to do so. Any input from your side will be appreciated, of course.
The third problem is also true, and has been bothering me, personally, for quite a while. But as of now, we, well, at least I am trying to ush quality wherever I can. Of course, we can't simply ban anyone not "good enough" for this site, and so this will continue to be a problem that is hard to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST)   List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of critique concerning the site (READ PREFACE FIRST)
Page 1 of 1