One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line

Providing the Original One Piece RP Experience Since 2007

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NPC vs. OC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sleepy

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 am

Can someone please explain me the difference between an NPC and an OC?
I've seen alot of people use NPC's in their crews, not as an RP nemesis but as a crew member, along side their original characters. These NPC's weren't posted anywhere and were fully controlled. I guess my real question is, are NPC's just a loophole in the 3 devil users/10 chars limit?
Back to top Go down
Cobdogred
Admin
Cobdogred

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:55 am

lol Well for some it seems so, but there are others that use them how they're intended as weak chore boys or maids in the crews or actual boss battles.
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:07 am

The twist with NPCs is that they can be killed by anyone. With an OC, you have to ask permission, but with an NPC, you can just go ahead.
There's no "intended use" for them. They are the characters that aren't as important to the storyline in a whole, just supporting elements mostly. There is nothing wrong with having well developed NPCs, cob.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 8:11 am

But if there's an NPC with an important role, such as a marine admiral or a division commander, ANYONE can kill him? If I fight him I can call hits just like when I fight random marines and such?
Back to top Go down
nikz200

nikz200

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:06 am

In such, the moderator of the story would make a request, take example me, i made a npc the main boss of the story, i ask you not to kill the big npc with one hit. Its implied based on importance who can kill a npc and who cannot. However, a npc is not the be all and end all, this is a common courtesy amongst us.
Back to top Go down
Sleepy

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 10:39 am

Understood.
Let's say I make a crew and it doesn't get a whole lot of members, I can fill the free spots with NPCs that I control?
Back to top Go down
GoreFish

GoreFish

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:00 pm

Well, if you want the crew to be a certain size, you could always make up one or two members. Just don't be disappointed when they get killed, they just won't have the importance of a main character. I've done it with one of my crews, but always pay attention to them not being more important than the actual members.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NPC vs. OC Empty
PostSubject: Re: NPC vs. OC   NPC vs. OC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NPC vs. OC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
One Piece RP - Race to the Grand Line :: Main Area :: Questions and Suggestions-
Jump to: